I can't connect to my router

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I'm trying to connect my laptop to my router using a Belkin wireless adapter but the setup wizard is asking for a password/certificate I don't seem to have, the SSID is the one I need to connect to. Please help.

Just setup the router hardwired first
Then just use the wireless program (that may have come with it)

In the authentication tab it askes me for an EAP Method, what is this? The options are:
TLS
TTLS
PEAP

And it's still asking me for a password.

Sorry I can't go into the ins and outs of every command (as I don't know them all) that's where the ISP comes in!

If you ring your Internet Service Provider, the first thing they will say is reset the router (usually holding in the reset button for 10 secs)
Obviously, you will then need to set up your username and password again.
Maybe call them first (to stop the reply, "Now I can't get any Internet!!)

First thing you need to do is identify the make/model of your router (and post it here). If not certain, look for a tag on it that should tell you the make/model.

Does your ISP connection go to directly to the router? (in which case it's a combination modem/router) or does it go to a modem and then you have a cable connecting the modem to your router or if the setup is still something different, tell us what it is between ISP and router.

If the router isn't also your cable/DSL modem, your ISP probably won't give you any advice what to do/how to fix because the router isn't their issue.

But don't worry. Once the make/model is identified the router setup / user manual will be found online.

So post back the hardware set up and router make/model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back