??I cant delete a network printer....Any suggestions???

Status
Not open for further replies.

techuser

I recently moved a computer from one floor to 2nd...using the same domain. Everything seems to be working fine. Since this computer still belongs to original domain and had Network printer installed on it. I wanted to remove the network printer and connect a local printer as moving back and forth from floor to floor was meaningless.
I cant delete the printer. As an admin I can connect to local printer and print but as a user nothing prints. As an admin login it doesnot show me the network printer but as user it shows me .
and doesnot let me delete it and gives an error message "Printer name has been changed or cant be connected"
Then after troubleshooting this problem ..I finally made him member of Admin group ..and thot wd solve the problem...But it still doesnot print. I changed the cable / downloaded latest drivers from the internet..but no use

Some items to look into, is there a hub/switch/router on that floor that works with MAC-addresses? Your moved PC may need to be entered into it.
If you disconnect that PC temporarily from the network, you should be able to remove that network-printer.
If that local printer is not a network printer, you should be able to install it to the parallel/USB port while still disconnected. In that case tell the PC not to share that printer.

Some food for thought...

i cant delete network printer5

i cant delete network printer from one of the pc of my network i have workgroup network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back