I can't launch Silent Hill 4 on my PC!

Okay it's 4am in the morning now and I've literally search for solutions online the past 5 hours (to no avail) so please bear with me. Also I am new here I just made this account minutes ago just to post this thread.

I downloaded a torrent of SH4 PC version, it was a .iso file. The extraction and installation was normal and I had no problems with them but when I finally launch the .exe file, it just says "Wrong disc inserted."! So then I searched the net if it's possible to play the game without buying the dvd and they said it's indeed possible (well from what I've understood though). After desperate searching [again] for other solutions, I then found about 3 or 4 sites that let me download the "fixed .exe" something like that... I downloaded the said file and it was another launched about 2,000+ kb (the first one was 4,000+ KB). This time when I launched the application, a window will pop up and say: "a crash ocurred the last time the game was played .using safe graphics options" if I either click ok or close the window, the game will "launch" and bring me to a black screen, which of course made me taught the game's already working. Unfortunately after that black screen comes also a white screen (that I think supposedly should show the KONAMI logo). Then after that it crashes and an error window will pop up.

I am using Windows 7 and I change the compatibility to XP SP2 and run as administrator whenever I attempt to launch the game.

Please help tell me what I am doing wrong and I am reaaally not good with complicated techy stuff. The first time I've downloaded a PC game from torrent was Resident Evil 4 and I did it with no problem at all. Thank you so much in advance for taking time to read this and for the help you'd give!

Back