I close wmp but it keeps playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloppy998

Hi ppl, im not quite sure if im posing this in the right place but i have a small annoying problem. When i go to close WMP if im half way through a movie or song it keeps on playing right to the end. I bring up task manager and close audiodg.exe and it stops but then i cant play anything else lol. Anyone got any ideas on this?:) thnx

What is AUDIODG.EXE? :http://blogs.msdn.com/larryosterman/archive/2007/01/31/what-is-audiodg-exe.aspx

Seems to be a known issue in Vista OS

Users reported that updating their Audio drivers fixed it
One user stated it only happened when he upgraded to Vista (not a clean install)
He needed to remove this key in registry (back it up first ofcourse)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Ole\DefaultAccessPermission
After restarting the key was automatically created again, and sound was now ok

kimsland said:
Seems to be a known issue in Vista OS
I didn't know it was a known issue, but I can confirm it has happened to me. Although my symptoms are a bit different, bringing up Task Manager still shows an instance of WMP. So I just end task on that and all is well. I do not close anything related to my sound card, and therefore still have sound in other apps. I'm using the onboard sound on my motherboard.

I believe it is because WMP has a toolbar option for the task bar. Of course, you may have the toolbar set not to show, but that doesn't stop WMP from continuing to play through it apparently.

This happened to me some time ago, I forget how I fixed it. There may be an option somewhere in WMP about playing through the toolbar, or you may be able to disable the toolbar. If you right-click the task bar and select Toolbars, you may see WMP in there.

The workaround is to stop your file, of course, before closing WMP.

Good luck

I don't think that is it I think it is actually a bug, not toolbar mode. Because nearly every time I've closed WMP while playing it has quit normally. I've only had it continue playing maybe twice after closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back