I get frequent BSOD when shutting down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same problem with 3 different computers. Every time i install Bitdefender antivirus software, no matter if i use version 8, 9 or 9.5, i start getting BSOD of the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL variety when shutting down or rebooting. This does not happen always, i would say 1 in 3 times. The problem dissapears if i remove the AV software. I tried to debug the minidumps but am not sure of my analysis. Two of the computers are running windows xp sp2 + all updates, one is running xp sp1.
This has been going on for the past 9 months no matter if its a new installation or not. I have contacted Bitdefender support, but their response was of the kind 'Please remove this and this and this software, not compatible with ours'. This really didnt help any though.

I am attaching a debuglog.txt with the latest of my analysis results plus a few minidumps.

I would be really gratefull if anyone could help me.

Thanks a lot in advance

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Apparently, this is a known issue with Bitdefenders updater. If you do a Google search for bdrsdrv.sys, you`ll see what I mean.

I recommend you uninstall Bitdefender and install a different antivirus programme such as AVG free and the free Zonealarm firewall.

3 of your minidumps crash at bdrsdrv.sys. This is part of Bitdefenders drivers.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply

I have searched google several times in the past, but all i come up with are 3-4 results pages, mostly in foreign languages, but nothing concrete.
I believe that bitdefender conflicts with something else common in these 3 computers. Thats what i was hoping to find. By looking at the dump i just couldnt come to the same conclusion as you. My understanding was that ntkrnlmp.exe was at fault. Could you please explain how you reached your conclusion about bdrsdrv.sys ?

Here is part of the output of one of your minidumps.

Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C2, {41, 83cbf000, 38bf, 3fedf}

Unable to load image bdrsdrv.sys, Win32 error 2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bdrsdrv.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bdrsdrv.sys
Probably caused by : bdrsdrv.sys ( bdrsdrv+1659 )

Followup: MachineOwner

As you can see, bdrsdrv.sys is the culprit. 2 of your other minidumps crash with exactly the same problem.

Your other two dumps crash at win32k.sys and ntkrnlmp.exe respectively. These are both Windows system files.

The fact that 3 of your 5 minidumps crash with the same error, would suggest that error is the main, if not the only culprit. Couple that with the fact that This is a know issue with Bitdefender and you will see that`s why I came to the conclusion I did.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks Howard

I uninstalled Bitdefender in one of the machines and installed AVG in order to test it. I wonder, is it just me and a few other people having so many problems with Bitdefender. If its a larger scale problem how come its unsolved for a almost a year and between 2 different versions?

Hope all goes well

Nice forum

I cannot tell you why Bitdefender is having problems, nor why it doesn`t appear to have been fixed in quite a while.

I suggest you contact the makers of Bitdefender and ask them what the problem is with their crap software lol.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back