I get the blue screen on start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron20b

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYFQkal4vjw[/ame]

This video shows exactly what is wrong with my computer. and thats it, it loops over and over again and even on safe mode it restarts.

My computer was always being kind of screwy. turning off on its own on at random points. but this time, the power went out and even since than, it started doing this.

So I was just wondering if there was anyway around this. I got these things called restore cd's but they don't do anything. the cpu doesn't read them and I don't think I want to reformat the computer because I have alot of stuff on there that I'd hate to lose.

Is there anyway around this without having to go to a repair shop??? any suggestions?

In the menu for Safe mode
Have you tried Last known good configuration

If that doesn't work

Try
Disable automatic restart in case of BSOD (syntax?)
Then read the error - reply back

If that doesn't work

Safe mode command prompt only
then run chkdsk /r
on the command line

If that doesn't work

You may need to remove all attached devices to your computer (printer so forth)
Try again

If that doesn't work

Then you may need to open the case (hardware experience required, also check user manual for precautions, and power out)
And begin reseating ram, data cables so forth
I'd even remove any PCI cards plugged in (ie 56K modem so forth)

Reply back after that

how do I disable restart????

Dude, I cannot NEVER get to windows! did you not understand my problem? is there any other way and I need the steps to be explained to me again in a simple term because I know nothing about computers

command prompt doesn't work either, because it works exactly like safe mode. after they show all the files on the screen, it restarts. so yeah.

this requires to have the computer (windows) running. if you can manage this one time then go to control panel, open system, go to the advanced tab and open settings from startup and recovery. there you uncheck "automatically restart". this will let the blue screen stay until you power off the computer.

I understood your problem. thats why I said to do so requires to have windows running. You were asking how to disable auto restart.
sorry for explaining that....

"because I know nothing about computers"

Time you learned! There are some basic book available- check the Dummies series. They explain in layman's terms 'what is?', 'how to?', 'can I?' and so on. It hard to impossible to work with a user who makes this kind of statement!

Aaron20b said:
Is there anyway around this without having to go to a repair shop???

Better to go to a computer shop

Ask them to fully backup your system
Note they will just plug your drive in as slave -and copy all files over
But you must inform them, exactly what to be backed up.

They will then run the recovery discs (very easy to do)
And return your backups, usually on a CD or DVD

probably the best way for guys like him.

off topic, I was just smiling because I know how confidential they treat data.
stay with them when they do backup and restore in case you have important, very personal or confidential data on your computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back