I have 2 hard drives and want to make a recovery... please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there i have 2 hard drives the master one is the same one my pc had so the slave one is another one i added to get more space but now i want to make a recovery cuz of too much adware and virus and other things so i am afraid that my secondary hard drive might lose all the stuff i have there after the recovery cuz i know the the master one will be like new like it was when i bought the comp.
and i really want to save the stuff on the second hd cuz its like 200 gig of music photos movies softwares and more and more stuff does any one knows if that will be fine for me to make a full recovery without erasing the other hd files? also do i have to remove it from my computer before the recovery? many thanks in advance sorry but i posted the same question in another place in here

the recovery should not affect the second hard drive at all. but if you are worried about it then simply disconnect the IDe and power from the second hard drive before doing the recovery.

Man iss, you are always posting right before me in a post I can answer. :)

So I'll add. Yes your data on the 2nd hd will be fine, but I'd definately recommend disconnecting that second hard drive before trying anything just to be safe. You can double check this by having that drive disconnected and then seeing if your computer will still boot up like normal, that will guarentee that you are going to wipe the drive you want.

thanks a lot iss and SNGX1275
for your help i will go ahead and do it now i fee l good my stuff will be ok

again thank a lot... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back