I have a Problem with my games...

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i go and play games that require some sort of 3D video support, The game makes weird liney and redness in the picutre..and i cant figure out how to fix it, i have all the latest drivers for my vid card, anyone help?

The problem seems to be on and off, because sometimes the video is normal, and works fine, but out of the blue it turns red and liney once again...

CS being dumb...
13856somethingwrong_CS-med.jpg

Gunbound working..
13856normal.JPG

gunbound not being cool..
13856somethings_wrong.JPG

so there you have it..

Can you pinpoint when it happens ? If it happens after the system has been running for a little while, it might be the card overheating.

Is it the GF2MX card listed in your profile ? Certain GF2MX cards only had a heatsink. You might try slapping a small fan on it & seeing if it changes anything.

ok, i'll try putting a fan on it, but i dont think overheating is the problem, because sometimes in the middle of the game, itjust fixes itself, but then sometimes it f*cks over again...

It's not a over-heating problem unless the system reboots in the middle of gameplay (usually around the same amount of gametime, like every 35 minutes of playing FarCry etc) or the system shuts down.

I would start with the videocard... something is off for sure. Try these steps...

1) update the driver and motherboard Chipset driver, Chipset drivers can have a big role in system stability and is often overlooked.. but only do it if you are 110% sure you're getting the right chipset drivers for the right chipset. You can do online research or look through your manual to see what chipset it uses, but the most common are the Intel, VIA, and Nvdia chipset drivers nowadays.

if this doesn't change anything try this...

2) Find another videocard that your buddy has or that you have and swap it with the one in there. If it solves the problem, then the videcard has a defect, or has started to show signs of crapping out.

When you do this, try and use the same kind of card. If you have a Nvidia card, put another Nvidia card in... less driver issues and easier to deal with.

Hope this can help you out.

Rebooting is not the only symptom of card overheating. Visual artefacts & corruption is common when a video card overheats.

True, A videocard overheating can indeed make artifacts... which brings up another point, if the card is being overclocked at al, back it off some and see if that helps.

I wasn't being very clear about the rebooting, that's more of a general overheating, usually involving the CPU or other vital parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back