I have a question regarding AVG Internet Security?

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy45

I was wondering is there a way to prevent AVG Internet Security to detect viruses, & trojans every time I download something from the internet?

Also I get the following message, "Danger: AVG Search-Shield has detected active threats on this page and has blocked access for your protection." when I try to access http://www.warez**** so why is this happening?

My AV Nod32 blocked the site as potentially dangerous content.

It's not AVG- it's the site! Smart people will stay away.

I was wondering is there a way to prevent AVG Internet Security to detect viruses, & trojans every time I download something from the internet?

You have security programs to protect your system. Listen to them when they do it!

ok except I am trying to download programs or anything of the internet when I load the program I get the error that a trojan is detected, but the site that I download says it's clean. Also as for http://www.warez**** I go there daily & was wondering how to stop that message from appearing & letting me go that website?

I think you need to review your surfing habits. This site is also blocked by my Nod32.

If you are getting the alert that a Trojan is detected and you have a reputable antivirus program which is currently updated, that I would say that the site is not clean.

If you go their daily, you need to stop going there. Both site you gave were prevented from loading by my security. That has only happened one other time.

site is in Hong Kong
Code:
$ whois -H 58.65.233.186
% [whois.apnic.net node-1]
% Whois data copyright terms    http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html

inetnum:      58.65.232.0 - 58.65.239.255
netname:      HOSTFRESH
descr:        HostFresh
descr:        Internet Service Provider
admin-c:      PL466-AP
tech-c:       PL466-AP
mnt-by:       APNIC-HM
mnt-lower:    MAINT-HK-HOSTFRESH
mnt-routes:   MAINT-HK-HOSTFRESH
remarks:      Please send Spam & Abuse report to
remarks:      abuse@hostfresh.com
remarks:      -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-++-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
remarks:      This object can only be updated by APNIC hostmasters.
remarks:      To update this object, please contact APNIC
remarks:      hostmasters and include your organisation's account
remarks:      name in the subject line.
remarks:      -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-++-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
changed:      hm-changed@apnic.net 20060612
changed:      hm-changed@apnic.net 20060613
changed:      hm-changed@apnic.net 20061018
source:       APNIC

person:       Piu Lo
nic-hdl:      PL466-AP
e-mail:       ipadmin@hostfresh.com
address:      No. 500, Post Office, Tuen Mun, N.T., Hong Kong
phone:        +852-35979788
fax-no:       +852-24522539
changed:      ipadmin@hostfresh.com 20071025
mnt-by:       MAINT-HK-HOSTFRESH
source:       APNIC

well sorry but I go there daily, so I fix it by getting Mcafee Total Protection v8 & that fix so thanks anyway.

hum; I love the statement
Why have a dog and do the barking yourself?​
These tools are trying to protect you -- If you disable or circumvent them, then
it's Caveat Empter.

If McAfee is allowing you to access sites that are deemed to have malware content and are blocked by other reputable, legitimate security programs, then I don't think much of McAfee! Please don't come back and ask us how to get rid of your malware!

This fool couldn't be this stupid!! He is just a sadist yanking your chain for laughs! Treat him like the immature and insane ***** he is - Refuse to answer anything he posts anywhere!!!

well ok JimN except for one thing, I am smart to get rid of AVG Internet Security & get something else, also I am not immature or insane at all.

I'm sorry, but any site such as http://www.warez**** is sure to be unsafe. The fact that AVG, Nod, and Avira all block the site should tell you that just because you go there everyday, it isn't safe. There will be some files (if not most of them) that are infected, and could deal you a world of hurt.

We here at Techspot are only trying to help you keep from getting yourself into something that you can't get out of without losing something that you may really want to keep.

Next time you come here for help, hear us out. Ask questions first.

Also, speedy, Mcafee is a hamster while AVG would be a Pit protecting your house, which is why it doesn't block the sites like that. They are over-priced crapware, imo. Mcafee, Norton, and all other AV like them are.

There may be exceptions, and I'd love to hear them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back