I Installed Windows XP and have a big problem

Joeydav

I had windows vista preloaded on my Advent 6301 Laptop. Today I installed Windows XP and loaded up my laptop. After loading up I realised I had no way of connecting to the internet (Wireless or Ethernet.)

Later on I also realised I only had 26MB space on my Disk Drive, I have no idea what to do. Any ideas?

26MB is not enough for Windows to function. You need to get rid of the XP or purchase a larger hard drive.
A few temp files or an autom,atic update or two and your windows will stop booting altogehter.

What size is the hard disk ?

How come Vista could be installed and not XP ?

Did you create a dual boot ?

Download Ubuntu 10 iso and burn it to a cd. It likely has your ethernet and wireless
pre-installed. Boot from the cd and choose to try Ubuntu.
Use it's partition editor to delete the file system(will erase everything)
and create a new ntfs partition on your drive. Download your network drivers and
put them on usb or cd and reinstall Windows.

Your drive probably has more than 26mb unless it has more than one partition or is faulty.
Delete all the partitions if you have no important data. If the drive seems faulty. Let me
know I may be able to help fix it.

Did you installed the drivers of your hardware? whats the partition size's of your hard drive?
(go to control panel, then administrative tools\computer management\Disk management)

No need to download ubuntu.

There are other partition editors such as Gparted.

After loading up I realized I had no way of connecting to the internet (Wireless or Ethernet.)

It(Ubuntu 10) likely has your ethernet and wireless
pre-installed.

--Windows needs at least 1.5g to install. There is no way the drives capacity is 26m. Maybe 26g.
If you mean free space,it must have another partition. As -clearly- you just installed a fresh copy of xp.

======================================

26MB is not enough for Windows to function. You need to get rid of the XP or purchase a larger hard drive.

Today I installed Windows XP and loaded up my laptop.

Did you installed the drivers of your hardware? whats the partition size's of your hard drive?
(go to control panel, then administrative tools\computer management\Disk management)

I realised I had no way of connecting to the internet (Wireless or Ethernet.)

Not, paying attention!

Back