I need a new case for my Inspiron 530s

Hey, long story short, I need to do some upgrades. Right now the biggest problem I have is that I have a slimmer case that pretty much won't hold anything. So I'm looking for a bigger case so I can do the upgrades I need to do now and whatever I'll need to do in the future. Second biggest problem, tracking down the Inspiron 530/531 case is proving problematic at best. So my question is: Are there any other cases I can easily transfer everything into? Thanks so much in advance.

You can use pretty much any mid-tower case or bigger, but you have two options:

1. You go for a mid-tower or bigger case, and also order a new cooling fan at the same time. Your CPU cooler will be screwed into the backpane of the motherboard tray and will therefore not work in another "normal" case. You will also have to remove the 8 rubber protectors from each side of the 4 CPU cooler mounting holes as well, because aftermarket coolers won't fit otherwise.

2. You purchase a bigger Dell supplied case, and just fit the stuff into it, and then remount the CPU cooler supplied with the original case. You can also use Dell Vostro 420 cases, as they're essentially the same build, just Inspirion is personal use, Vostro business.

I did option 1, and messed up the motherboard, and ended up having to purchase a new motherboard. I'm glad I did though, because I now have a overclocked PC, and its much better than it was before.

Back