I need an app that will let me "fade" windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karmashock

I know windows can do this as I've seen some programs that can fade their own windows and of course windows menus by default fade away.

What I want is not a transition to closing for an effect. What I want is something that allows me to reduce the opacity of given windows and programs. Preferably something integrated into menu bars of all the apps like a fourth button on the upper right hand side.

Something where I can set the opacity of a given window. Something like this has to exist because I've seen too many little programs that can do it or elements of the OS that do it. But I really want the ability to do it dynamically to anything.

StyleXP or WindowsBlinds can probably do that but they're both commercial programs that need to be purchased in order to work for more then 30 days.

tired them both... they don't work and are very buggy...

Though... maybe there's a special skin that has that option... i know those programs don't just give you taht feature... but all kidns of things can be buried in there. Any thoughts?

Commercial: AlphaXP Pro - integrates itself into windows menues and gives 0%-100% options.

Free: Glass2K - Same thing, but the menu is uglier.

I just tried the demo of WindowsFX and it won't make video windows partically transparent.

ATI has a video player that will allow you to adjust the opacity of it's windows such that you can overlay fullscreen video at 50 percent opacity over your webpages... and click through it...

More then anything else that's what I'm trying to do here. I should have said that earilier. Anyway, that ATI app isn't an option for me because it requires you have one of the ATI cards that it came out for. I'm sure that i have the hardware to handle the opperation but the app is very specific about on where it will let you use it for I'm guessing write protection reasons.

Ok, I like Glass XP because AlphaXP is a little buggy... Though I do admit that alphaXP does have a slightly better interface.

Any idea how to make a video window slightly see through then?... and perferably give clickthrough capability as well? The ATI product was really cool... but I'm buying a new video card to see if it works when I already have a pretty good one as is... what's more annoying still is that it IS an ATI chipset. It's an x800... but it was by powercolor instead of ATI...

Do you any of you have an idea or has my question changed enough to warrent a new thread?

You guys have been great by the way.

hmm... well by going through the registry I was able to trick the ATI program into working properly... it does the fade thing perfectly on video... I'm not very fond of it's interface though... it's goofy... I'm more of a Media player classic fan... but it works...

However, GlassXP screwed up OS as little in that many windows and have an "always on top" state. If I open a new window it opens behind those windows or programs and I can't seem to stop it from doing it. GlassXP had no feature to undo this and so far as I know none exists in explorer that I can get at.

Does anyone know where this data is stored? It's not GlassXP doing it anymore because I uninstalled it... but windows continue to "stay on top" even after a reboot.

the program you are looking for is

:approve: ~(Ghoster)~:approve:
fades all but top most window
grate for prying eyes (,)(,)
and free.:slurp:

I know this is an old post but
thers a lot of peps out looking
for this program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back