I need help big time with the A7N8X-Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok here is the deal i got this computer that works good but i took the hard drive out and deleted everything that it had on it. I got it from a company that was going out of bussiness. so when i deleted everything i put windows xp pro on it and then i connected it back to the A7N8X computer and now it wont boot up not only that it tells me that the primary and secondary controller or somthing like that is not connected when it is please help me what do i do

if I am reading you correctly you removed the hard drive and put it on another computer and installed windows there? Why on earth would you do that? when windows installs it installs the HAL which is Specific for the hardware on the machine that windows is being installed on. so if the computer you installed windows on isnt the same as the one you moved the hard drive to your gonna have problems.

first, check the cables the one you have may be defective, second how is the hard drive jumpered? if it is a newer hard drive then you might try removng the jumper altogether as long as the IDe cable the hard drive is on has no slave drive attached.

you will after you set the CD Rom as first boot device. and make sure you use the "save & Exit" option when exiting the bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back