i need help for winxp crashing at installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm a newbie a bit dumb about computers but i read a lot!

heres my problem, i runs a asus athlon 1000 mhz with a g force 2 64 meg ram, and its enough for what i do, last week i tried to install a new video card in my computer, it was a ati rage fury pro and i done bthat because i wanted to have the tv out output. after i changed my video card i had broblem when i reboot into windows, the computers stop everything freezes and it starts rebooting. seeing that dindt work i put back the old g-force in it and then windows made me choose if i wanted to booot in safe mode i choose to boot in safe mode then when i got to my desktop the cursor stop blinking everythig stops and then i had to shutdown nd reebot, again in sfe mode i got into windows and followed the instruction given by windows trouble shooter to find what was wrong by disabling one at a time the starup processes in msconfig , when i arrived at the one befor last i think it was process ini files windows begin to start autommatically when i reboot whitout going to safe mode. freezesagain in windows then nothing.... i format my hd, then try to reinstall windowsxp alway crashes at the same spot when installing devices,. after thet i tried almost everything, including whit another hard drive and even a bios flash, nothing to do always crashes at the same spot....

can anyone help
hope u can understand english by a french can. dude
thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

There is a myriad of things that could`ve gone wrong here.

It could be that while you were installing the new card you`ve disturbed something else inside the case. Check that everything is connected and seated properly.

Also when installing a new video card it is better to completely uninstall the old card first I.E all the old drivers and software.

Because as you say yourself you`re not very good with computers, I recommend that you take it to a reputable pc repair shop and have them look at it for you.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back