I need help on finding an Asus Motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to say hi to everyone here first of all. I am wondering if anyone can help me out in finding an Asus P4S800 motherboard. I know they are discontinued but there has to be one for sale somewhere in the world I would think. I fried my motherboard by stupidity and I really like that model. I tried the site, www.internationalwide.com but could not find any motherboards. They have computer sites but no motherboards. Very good site though, has alot of sites to explore. But anyway, Hope to here from you.

hi

Thanx for the reply. It is hard to get that specific motherboard. I have tried eBay and someone did have that exact sameone but I was outbid at the last second. That sucked. But I do have a motherboard in mind. It's a ASRock P4i65G. it has a 478 socket which I need and it seems like the 478 sockets are hard to find.

The reason the 478 sockets are hard to find is due to most of them being discontinued due to age. Just as Codex Computing stated, you're better off upgrading. You'll nost likely have to upgrade your processor and RAM, but there are some sites that offer barebones kits. Sometimes you can find some really great deals on one of these kits, which include the case, power supply (although you should dump the power supply and get a better one), motherboard, processor and RAM). Try here http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=31&name=Barebone-Kits

I will have a used P4S800-MX coming up in about 4 weeks time, complete with a P4Cel2.8 processor. If you cannot find anything elsewhere, send me a private mail and we can sort something out. Where are you from?

Erm - I'm selling so would expect it to be a negative spend, if you follow me. Before anyone gets over-excited, it is at least a month away and a lot can happen between now and then....even the horse might talk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back