I need to do some load balancing, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a home network that was working fine until I let my son move back in. I don't mind that he watches movies online. And he's gotten into online game playing. And when he's not "present" he's got "bots" playing the games for him.

This really Slooooows down the connection for the rest of us. I have one computer conncected to the internet, which in turns shares with 6 others. So the first computer could do the "traffic shaping" for the rest.

I don't want to stop him, just slow him down and make it fair for the rest of us.

I looked at Traffic Shaper XP and really liked it. It really worked well. But when I re-boot, my computer won't come back up. I have to boot up in safe mode, un-install the product, then boot up normally, and then re-install it.

The rest I found, only worked on a computer by computer bases. My son would spot somthing new on his computer very quickly. Not what I had in mind.

Any one have any other ideas?

Thanks;

I actually am looking into the same issue, home network of 6 computers, 4 being wireless. If I find any good software I'll report back.

I just found softperfect bandwidth manager

and I tried it out. Works as good as Traffic Shaper XP. It'll do as I need.

I'd still be interested in how other people solved this problem.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back