I ran the 8 steps and posting a log file for hijackthis

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is your computer running? What kind of computer do you have (specs)? It looks like you have some processes running that don't need to be. You have a few pop-up blockers, toolbars, it could use a clean up. How about the log files from the rest of the scanning?

Thanks

I am running ok but a bit slow. I am running XP on a gateway laptop, MX6440 1 mb of memory and x86 family 15 36 stepping 2 authentic AMD 1790 Mhz presessor. I did not save the log files for the cleaners. I ran the cleaners twice and now only get cookies. No malware. Can you tell me what processes need to be deleted?

If you could the logs from MalwareBytes, and AntiSpyware and AVG(although I would strongly recommend replacing your AVG with Avast) it would help me see any other issues. For starters, if you uninstall your pop-up blockers, and toolbars, if you use Internet Explorer, just have the built-in pop-up active only. After you accomplish that, download and run this, http://www.ccleaner.com/download. The only thing you may want to UN check is the un-used file extensions. After running the ccleaner, you should notice a huge difference. Once more, if you post your other logs, I may be able to help even more.

I ran the malwarebytes again and here is the log. It found another trojan. I removed it but where is it comming from? thanks.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.38
Database version: 2392
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

7/23/2009 2:49:36 PM
mbam-log-2009-07-23 (14-49-36).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|)
Objects scanned: 223837
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 32 minute(s), 41 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

As far as obtaining viruses, I can't really help you as I don't really have much luck in receiving any.
I am very careful of clicking ads, even on trusted sites (which are the only ones I visit) . One thing I am currently looking in to is the Windows 'hosts' file which apparently controls that aspect of surfing-but thats another topic and I am in the learning process. You say Malware found another Trojan, but I don't see it in your log. I strogly recommend removing AVG from your system (at least disable it temporarily) and do a complete system virus scan with Avast. Most techs will back me up with this, and I can also say it's much better, I used to use AVG, until I received recommendations for Avast. They don't even compare.
Summary:
Do virus scan (Avast)
It also wouldn't hurt to do an error check of your HDD (Right click c:\, properties, tools, error checking).
Run 'ccleaner' (you haven't mentioned doing that).
Do another Malware Bytes and Super AntiSPyware full scan.
See what you come up wiith after that. When all this is completed successfully, you should notice a huge difference:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back