I`ve replaced the motherboard, video card, RAM, power supply, but still no video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im working on a computer that turns on powers up, hard drive spins, etc. but no video is displayed. Ive replaced the motherboard, video card, RAM, power supply, and tried a new hard drive, is it possible that this could be a CPU problem? The computer is

Foxconn socket 939 mb
AMD Athlon 64 FX 3400+
Geforce 7600 GS 256MB Video Card
150GB SATA Hard Drive
420W Power Supply

I appreciate the help

Do you have another monitor that you can hook up just to check? Are you receiving any post "beeps" when you boot it up?

Try it with no ram, it should beep like mad!!! If it doesn't then the cpu seems to be the only possibility left if what Sghiznaneck suggested makes no difference!!!!

I tried a new monitor and it doesnt work, the motherboard doesnt beep, but after i changed it, it worked for a while then all of a sudden it didnt work again. My only other thinking is that the original power supply may have been going out and it fried both of the motherboards. Does that make any sense?

It might not have necessarily cooked your mobos, just not putting out enough juice to power the board. Even though you have no video, are your other components booting up? Can you hear any fans running? If so, the psu is the next (least expensive) piece of hardware to try. Just make sure if you get a new psu, don't get one any lower than 450 watts. Antec, Thermaltake or Raidmaxx are good psus.
Try here:
http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/SubCategory.asp?SubCategory=58&name=Power-Supplies

Raidmax is NOT a good PSU maker as far as I know. Antec, Thermaltake, Enermax and Fortron FSP make good-quality, inexpensive PSUs.

Well everything boots up. I thought the same thing about having enough power so i tried an Ultra 450 watt power supply and still nothing. All I can think of is the motherboard is bad again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back