I want to use my TV to view Internet TV programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillAllen55

I want to use my tv to view internet tv programs. I understand I need to have a wireless router. (for the signal to be transmitted to the tv from desktop computer) I also will need a converter box to receive the internet transmission from the router. I currently am using a Motorola cable modem for the internet connection.
I'm not clear about the capabilities required of the actual computer system. My computer statistics are shown as part of my bio. Can some suggest an affordable router and converter box? Are there other hardware requirements other than referenced?
I'm very new to this 'latest and greatest' home networking so please be precise in your explanations.

Bump
I want to use my tv to view internet tv programs. I understand I need to have a wireless router. (for the signal to be transmitted to the tv from desktop computer) I also will need a converter box to receive the internet transmission from the router. I currently am using a Motorola cable modem for the internet connection.
I'm not clear about the capabilities required of the actual computer system. My computer statistics are shown as part of my bio. Can some suggest an affordable router and converter box? Are there other hardware requirements other than referenced?
I'm very new to this 'latest and greatest' home networking so please be precise in your explanations.

How I connected my pc to my tv

I just got done hooking my HP Media Center PC to my 50" Samsung plasma. First I tried dvi to component cable. This did not work because the TV reads a different signal than your monitor does. Next, I tried 15 pin vga to svideo/component converter box. It worked, kinda. The quality was horrible, you could not read text due to blurriness. The third thing I tried was a wireless device from x10. It was cheap and showed promise but suffered from wireless interference. Even when they were close enough to touch it flickered constantly. Finally I found a wireless device that plugs into your usb port instead and sends it to a receiver device. How far is the computer to the TV? It DOES NOT work well through walls. Best line of site. Mine is 20 - 30 ft away and looks great. The only drawback is when viewing video in "full-screen" mode it has slight pixelation but other than that its the best one I've seen. Here is the link to the page I found it. I hope this helps!
facebook.com/#!/pages/Pimped-Out-Technology/131244850224134

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back