I want to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzureOctive

I want to play World of Warcraft on the highest settings without slowdown from my computer, play the Sims 2 on it's highest settings and potentially play Sims 3 next year... Also would like to actually play Black and White 2. Should I invest in a 32 or 64 bit version of windows? Which will have better driver support? I know that windows XP 64 version is crap for drivers... Where is the best investment?

What kind of graphics cards should I be looking at?

I got horribly boned on a Geforce 7900 GTX graphics card before and don't want to make the same mistakes twice

My ATi Radeon 9250 256MB PCI ran The Sims 2 at its highest [without edge smoothing]. No lag except when lots of objects or sims in the place where the camera is. I'd keep it if it ran Crysis but no it doesn't have to upgrade to a X1550 PRO PCI =(

Anyways, the 8800 GT or the 9600 GT will serve you well =D

so windows hasn't given up on xp 64 bit version? Is this the future or will vista 64 bit version be the better investment?

XP would probably be a better buy for now. Eventually we will all be shoved to Vista but it still has a few bugs to work out. Vista isn't all that bad though, its a bit slower and has less driver support but its getting better.

haha good, 'cause I just purchased Windows Vista Ultimate :p took care of my 32 or 64 bit problem :D Ultimate is AC/DC so to speak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back