I would never of imagined that

larryiam

I just thought this was funny! Ok well ima setting here at the computer and there is a fly that keeps flying around my screen and i shew him away and so on.. Well my computer has to fans that are both led's. The front fan is enclosed in mesh the back is not....well i heard a noise like a ping then a buzzing sound......i realized the fly flew into the fan (with lights) and killled himself. LMAO! So flies in your computer.....will it hurt anything?.....because i don't feel like opening it up now......

You'll enjoy this!

The reason problems (both hardware and software) with computers are called bugs
is this account:
One day on the assembly plant floor, a system under final test before shipment to the customer just hard-stopped in a disabled state
(decades before MS and the BSOD). The engineers started to look into the issue and opening the cover doors to attach test probes to determine the cause of the failure -- was there a design error, a manufacturing problem, something not properly connected? After many hours of probing and testing, someone unlatched an internal gate and swung it open to test the back panel.

He stopped and called the supervisor to see what he had found.

Some bug had crawled up the cabinet and managed to make its way to a small space with many pins protruding from the baseboard with lots of wire-wraps (wires connected from pin-a to pin-b elsewhere on the board). In attempting to crawl from one pin to another, the bug had created an electrical short circuit which in turn caused the machine to hard-stop.

IBM Pokeepsie, NY circa late '50s

Your right, I did enjoy that jobeard. This is why I enjoy having you, captaincranky, and others around. X_D

Back