Im having real problems with XP pro both reinstalling and repair, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi this is my first post and i need some real big help.

what i had installed was XP Pro with SP, and i decided that i wanted to rid my computer of everything on it right back down to have nothing not even the OS on it so i used the disk i have with XP pro and sp1 on it to remove the partition that i had xp installed on, it removed it and it was telling me that i i had a clean sapce to reinstall on to but know i dont know why but when i come to install the xp installer wont copy certain files, these files are:

rsfsaps.dll
rsh.exe
rsm.exe
rsmconW.chm
rsopsnpW.chm
rsop.mof
rsvpsp.dll
rpcrt4.dll
rpcss.dll
rtcdll.dll
rtcshare.exe

when the installation misses out these files i recieve a message on boot up saying:

STOP: c0000135 {unable to locate component}
this application has failed to start because RPCRT4.dll was not found. re-insatalling the application may fix this problem.

i dont know what to do i thought maybe i could repair xp throuhg the boot disk but when i repair the installed os it asked for an admin password, this i dont have as i have never entered one.

i really am now stuck as i cant do anything as windows wont starts.

Please can anyone help?

Welcome.

Here we go are you ready to get dirty?

What you will have to more than likely do is something called a "zero" what this does is zero out your hard disk writes all zeros so basically you starting from scrach . It is NOT same as a refomatt or a rescue as these always leave some gost files..

You will to get a program to zero out your harddisk since have no computer information listed at all we will jsut guess who makes your disk..

If you have a Maxtor you will need a program called Maxiblast this program is in the disk WD has the same program

Before you do any of this go to bios set your first boot order to cdrom

I only suggest this for a built computer not one you bought form a store or a OEM like DELL HP Gateway becuse they sometimes have a hidden partation in them.. let us know

NOTE THIS SITE HERE maybe of some use for you
http://www.search.com/related/dll_file_library.html?tag=se.sr-1-118.related.c.10.6.bottom

if this a store bought one we will go another route.

Im ready to get dirty!

Thanks for such a quick responce, my hard drive is a seagate, so i popped over to there web site and there is a program to download called DiscWizard Starter Edition, which says it has two Zero fill Drive optins. i am going to go and try this now. i'll let you know how i get on. thanks for your help.

Hi i managed to get the seagate program to work after a while and it had an option to zero fill it zero'd in 4 hours but once this had done XP Pro still wouldnt install, it couldnt copy the same files as last time?

anyone get any other ideas?

after the zero out the hdd has to reformatt it should of done that after the zero out procross automatically... To fromatt it to ntfs YOU DO have a full version of xp right?? I hope you read my full response becuse there I said I do not recommend this on a store bought computer...

Try fromatting the drive make sure your first boot device is cdrom ....... If you have any questions please ask

I don't see what wiping a partition has to do with files not copying. It's probably just a scratch on the CD, or if it's a backup disc then it could be a corrupted backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back