I'm looking to build a nice gaming computer

Hey everybody I'm looking to build a nice gaming computer with a lot of room for upgrade for when i get a job in the foreseeable future. What i want this system to run is something like Minecraft at the HIGHEST settings with an unnecessarily large amount of mods with little to no lag. Now don't get me wrong I'm not trying to get something that can run Crysis at max settings or fly the space shuttle as what i will mostly be doing will be playing Minecraft as I cant afford many other games. Also if it wont cost me much more money I would like it to run The Sims 3 at good settings, not necessarily Max settings but good. Same goes for Fallout 3: Game of the year edition as I bought it for my Laptop and have yet to play it :p. Any suggestions would be nice. My budget is anywhere from $0 :)p) to $1000 give or take $100.

Is there any hardware that you won't need to purchase, i.e. monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc.? What is Minecraft's recommended requirements?

Minimum:
OpenGL: 1.4
Processor: 2.0 MHz (Single Core)
RAM: 1 GB(XP), 1.5 GB(7), 2.0 GB(Vista)
Hard Drive: 80 MB Free
Video: 128MB RAM

Recommended:
OpenGL: 2.0
Processor: 2.5 MHz (Single Core)
RAM: 2 GB(XP), 3 GB(Vista/7)
Hard Drive: 256 MB Free
Video: 128MB RAM

I got these from a Yahoo answers page.
Well i already have a desktop computer that doesn't work (something with the wifi card or some junk all i know is it wont connect to the internet even when its hooked up to the router) so it all depends if my parents let me use its monitor. I wont need a mouse and as i said before i have a desktop so the keyboard might not be a problem. other than that i don't really have anything else other than speakers. Also i would like it if i could get a dual core processor on this computer and I would like an amount of RAM anywhere around 6 GB should be fine.

Give us your current motherboard (make and model) and any other hardware you have in this PC.

If youre talking about the desktop I have no clue because i havent checked and even then i wouldnt be able to tell just by sight

Back