Inability to correct misleading threads

Although dating back to 2007, your thread "Find way to read Brother WP disks on PC" appears commendably high in Google's results for anyone searching for a solution to reading Brother discs on a PC.
Unfortunately, the advice therein is at best horribly misleading and at worst could result in significant data loss.
This subject being one of my specialities, I tried to post a correction but was informed that the thread was now closed for comment and directed to an FAQ, the link to which wasn't working (and I wasn't able to find FAQ in any of the website's menus either).
Hence we have the ludicrous situation whereby you are promoting in Internet searches a page which is grossly misleading but you do refuse to allow corrections to be made. Hmm. Not good !

Mod note - removed the absurd bold and huge text size.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you let the person searching decide what is misleading. If the thread has been closed, it is probably because the topic is old and may be out of date. This is the way with forums. Besides people correcting people would be an endless battle.

P.S. Please don't increase the font size of your entire posting.

Its the internet... there are things wrong all over the place. If you want the best shot at getting correct advice you call the company and perhaps pay for the service. This is free, and with everything you find online it requires some personal judgment to decide if you want to go through with whatever you just read.

This thread may now show up in search results... surely you realize this. So you could have posted what you think is the correct answer here, but you failed to do that.

Back