Infinite Loop Sadness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I8aPickle

So I followed these instructions, but since I have a Dell computer instead of going to AGP controller, I went to PCI Bridge. It did NOTHING for me, I can't start up my computer without it going to that dreaded blue screen! Is there anything I can do? I have a Dell Dimension E510, and it's practically brand new. I bought it a couple of months ago, and I bought it soley for the graphics. How can I fix all of this?! I don't want a generic graphics card.

A FIX THAT WORKED FOR ME AND A BUNCH OF OTHER PEOPLE!! READ ON!

Here we go folks, I've been having this problem for almost a year now with my computer (infinite loop and ati2dvag.dll reboot errors), and tried almost everything my mind could possible think of doing. I've tried every solution on this board, and every other board I could find relating to this file and to the infinite loop, with absolutely no success. I tried every driver package available, bios updates, agp chipset updates, every combination of every setting. I've tried reducing power usage in my computer, I've placed more power in my computer... I've added more fans and created an optimal cooling system in my computer. I made sure there were absolutely no IRQ conflicts, and nothing was using the same IRQ as my video card. I've tried with one stick of ram, with one in 1 and 3. I've tried disabling onboard sound, and putting in a soundblaster card. Nothing... I mean nothing, worked at all.

Until now! I found a solution, that has worked for me and a bunch of other people who have tested it for me.
So give it a try, perhaps it will work for you too. My computer has been working 100% since I made this change. There is a chance it could reduce the effeciency of your texture drawing with your video card... but I've tested it with :

Unreal Tournament 2004
Rise Of Nations
Neverwinter Nights
Doom 3
Max Payne 2
Transport Giant
and a bunch of older games....

Anyhow, no more wait, give this a shot :

Right click-mouse over My Computer
Properties
Hardware(Tab)
Device Manager(button)
Click [+] next to System devices
right-mouse on CPU to AGP Controller (or whatever your controller is called, mine was SiS AGP)
Update Driver(button)

Select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)
Next(button)
Select Don't search. I will choose the driver to install.
Next(button)
Select PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge
Next(button)
Finish(button)
Reboot.

Please let me know how this works for you.
Good luck.

What Dell system doesnt give you a blue screen? I havre a Dell E310 which is slight lower than the E510 but I have nothing but problems with it, with blue screens. And Dell had a tech come out and put new ram and a new hd in it and still had problems I mean like a blue screens every 5 min. So then Dell just sent me a brand new comptuer since it was only a few months old as well. Now when I got the new one it made thse terrible noises so they sent the tech back out and put a new power supply and cpu fan it. It still makes the noises somewhat its the case dell even told me it was put together incorrectly but for some reason didnt replace it? Now the computer feezes like crazy now. So basicly your screwed I owna dell laptop as well that I only use for the internet and have a lot of problems with it as well. I just gave up with trying to fix the blue screens its a waste of time they keep on comming back.

Okay thanks?

Well my computer should still be under warranty, so I'll see if I can return it.

There's seriously nothing I can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back