Inspiron 1300 Password Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the previous threads are locked because all the information needed to do an unlock should have been posted... However I've had no luck (Details below)

I dont want to be one of those annoying people who dont even try to read the FAQ's and what not before I start asking for help I tried to use a few of the generators and have attempted the paperclip method at the moment on a Dell Inspiron 1300 a friend gave to me to try to unlock.

When it first boots, I get the Dell BIOS, with no prompt to enter setup. After that it states "Invalid configuration information - please run setup program. Then I get the grey "You are not allowed to access this system without a password" screen

At first I tried to pull the CMOS battery, no luck, then I attempted the paperclip method (I can post the location of the 24C02N chip for future reference) but to no avail.

Any clue on why it wouldn't work? I've attempted it about 5-6 times. When the leads are bridged, it powers on then auto power off (I guess it senses the short?) I tried to just power it on then apply the clip trick but still no dice.

Because I can't change the boot order (doesn't give me the option and I've tried mashing my delete/f2/f12/f8/fanything button) to give me the setup screen, I cant use the DSTCD iso method..

I think I've tried everything mentioned on the board already and I definately did the paperclip thing correct (And I already put back together the laptop so i'm going to cry if you tell me to try again!)

Are there other method that you can conjur up would be much appreciated... and if the easist thing happens to be to just post the service id's then here they are.
System Id is 4RvR4C1-595B
Thanks for your help and patience,
-me :)

Hi humanpest, we get a regular one post every day or so on this subject
But as stated by Julio (our Administrator here) We cannot provide support any longer on this issue of mobile (laptop) passwords removal (As listed on one of the Mobile threads somewhere)

I feel your pain, but I have already supplied all information I know
And as the spammers (as I call them) that posted in the many threads never wanted to help me with an updated generator, then there is nothing more to say (Note: I asked and asked and asked)

So, NO we cannot help any further, and obviously this Topic will be closed just like the rest
Sorry.
Your only option is to try elsewhere. Please try not to repeat or double up on Topics (as per many members have done) As they all just get closed anyway.

No worries Kim, I saw your name on at least every page either helping or being yelled at by some tool who didn't want to read.

Thanks for the previous help/tips and suggestions that got me this far.

Thanks for your understanding
I don't think you're a pest ;)

It would be absolutely irritating for you
But there are other ways. Its just that TechSpot is free support only
Oh, I don't do it myself obviously (ie I'd post it freely if I could)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back