installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok I broke my old harddisk and bought a new one, poped it in and installed window home edition (orginal) and when i put in the cdkey it didnt allow me to use it so i figured i use a cdkey from window xp proffessional(fake) and it worked however it asked me for a activation, and i g0t scared and asked a mate what i should do he just goes just install the proffesional and i tried when installing it goes 34 mins left and it would rest and go back to 39 and go down to 34 and the comp would rest over and over. is there anyway to fix this like format it and start over or something please give advice. thanks ohh yeh this is a lap top so it doesnt have floppy drive

If your XP Home is original, how come it accepted the key from a fake XP Pro? Most probably, the Home XP is also fake, just that you are not aware. Most fake o/s usually accepts any key.

Or maybe the XP Home is original, but had been used on other units already?

In case you're successful in installing XP Home (assuming its fake or was used several times alreasy), dont forget to disable automatic updates.

If your Windows XP home disk is original, then you should contact Microsoft. Maybe they can help you.

As for the XP pro pirated version, you`ll get no help here.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back