Installing A Second Monitor under winXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optiv

hey just got another monitor for my pc,

The original runs off a seperate driver, as i have another plug avaliable through the motherboard.

i was running win M.E and used to be able to plug it straight in and use dual monitors, however XP doesn't recognise it when i plug it in and restart.
Can anyone help me with this issue and prehaps tell me what to do?.....

Do i have to enable something???

Optiv

In Display Properties you should see two monitors. You have to enable the grayed out one by ticking the checkbox that says to extend your Windows desktop on that monitor.

Did the WinMe dual monitor setup work on that same machine? Not all display adapters allow you to use the DVI and VGA outputs at the same time.

Yeah it worked fine using windows M.E - just no go with XP... thats why i'm wondering if something has to be enabled ?????

I don't have the dual monitor setup in the display menu

Then Windows doesn't detect that you have two monitors attached.

Do you have the latest and proper dirvers installed for both your video cards and monitors?

My primary monitor is running off of the video card -

The Secondary Monitor ( The one trying to get going ) is running off the motherboard - (motherboard monitor)

Still no luck with getting anything working

you'll have to enable it and assign some video ram to it through bios.also you might want to check if the onboard video isnt diabled in the windows xp,check device manager and look for a small sign in front of any device.you also might wanna check your onboard video drivers or reinstall them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back