Installing Mac on PC with iAtkos v7 help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaMaluJordan

I successfully installed iAtkos v7 on my hard drive. Before installing, I partitioned my hard drive. I had 3 partitions. A recovery partition, my windows partition, and the partition for iAtkos v7. After successfully installing iAtkos by following the instructions on these two links, I faced a few problems.

http://www.peter-v.com/how-to-instal...v10i-tutorial/

and

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lof...p/t172097.html

Problems

1. On Mac, I had no internet access. It wouldn't read my ethernet for some reason. It only allowed me access via firewire and I don't access the internet like that. My router was configured so that it only allows access to systems that we supply the Mac Address for. I tried to type in the Mac Address that I got for Mac but it wasn't normal. A normal Mac Address would have 12 numbers/letters. The one that was shown on the installed Mac had 16 numbers/letters. I'm not sure what to do about the ethernet problem or the Mac Address problem.

2. I could no longer access Windows Vista. I saw the Chameleon bootloader when I started my computer but when I select Windows NTFS, I get a screen that says:
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: Insert disc, choose language settings, click next, repair. File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe Status: 0xc000000e Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt. I tried to repair this using my Windows CD but it couldn't be repaired. I checked online and it said to go to the command prompt and enter these codes:

diskpart
select disc 0
select partition 2
active
exit
bootrec /rebuildbcd

(partition 1 is my recovery partition, partition 2 is my windows partition, partition 3 is my mac partition)
That was to get Windows to work again. When I did this, the Chameleon bootloader was gone and it automatically went to Windows. The only problem was that Windows couldn't get my account properly. I inserted my password and everything but it loaded a temporary profile. I can't do a single thing in that profile. After that, I put in these commands to get the chameleon bootloader to work again:

diskpart
select disc 0
select partition 3
active
exit
bootrec /rebuildbcd

This got me the Chameleon bootloader working again but now neither the Recovery partition nor the Windows partition were working. The recovery partition said BOOTMGR is missing. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart. The Windows partition still had that temporary profile problem. Mac still worked but I had no internet access so I couldn't do anything on the computer. I put in my Windows installation CD to install Windows. I formatted my Windows partition so that I could install it on it but I got a message saying Windows could not find a compatible partition to install in or something along those lines. The only way for me to install Windows again was by formatting the mac partition as well. So now, I have Windows again but I no longer have Mac.

3. When I was using the Mac, I had some issues with the scrolling on my mouse. Whenever I scrolled, the text just got messed up. The only way to go through a file without scrolling so that it wouldn't appear messed up was by pressing page up and page down.

What can I do to fix all of these issues? I would like to dual boot Windows Vista and Mac with iAtkos v7 but I can't seem to figure it out properly. Here are my PC Specifications:

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.5 GHz
Memory (RAM): 6.00 GB DDR2

If there is anything else that you might need to know, just ask. I want to get these issues dealt with as soon as possible. Thanks.

Yeh, I left this thread open for a bit just to see what the responses would be. But discussion on this is at best a grey area and more likely a violation of our TOS and Rules. The boards on the sites you linked are going to be a FAR superior source for information than here for that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back