Installing Vista on a 'corrupt' partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

British_Command

I have an acer 5630 which recently started showing an error message on the boot saying that the error has been caused by disconnecting a removable, external device at an incorrect time or something along those lines. So I tried the Erecovery program by pressing 'alt-f10' on the boot and it got to around 21% and then froze, it wouldn't recover anymore so I turned the computer off and tried to boot up through the windows vista disk which was successful.

Although when I came round to deleting, formatting and creating a new partition of 102GB (max HDD capacity), I press 'next' and I get an error saying that the partition does not meet the criteria to have Vista installed on it... Also when I start up my laptop it says the hard drive may have an error and that I should back-up files and expect an imminent failure....

I just want to know how do I make a partition, or repair one so that I can install windows vista on it... at the moment I can only go through boot options and windows vista setup, where I can access a command prompt.

Any help appreciated,
need more info just ask,
Thanks,
BT.

If you do not need to backup any user data
You should be able to boot from the Vista disc and remove the partition fully
Then continue installing Windows.

If this still faults, you could download Gparted Live boot CD and remove the partition using that.

If it still faults, you could run a HardDrive Diagnostics test to confirm your HardDrive is not faulty.

Note: Sometimes the fault is in the physical HardDrive sata cable (on Desktops) that just requires replacing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back