Installing Windows XP x64 on RAID w/ 2 SATA HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolmatt

So anyway, I was planning on purchasing two of these HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA NCQ ST3120827AS 120GB 7200 RPM 8M Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM

Here are my system specs...

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 2.4Ghz (Socket 754)
Asus K8V-X SE Mobo
(I won't include the rest of the specs as I believe they are irelevent to this).

So anyway I wanted to configure these two drives for RAID but now here comes in ALL the questions I have (I'm new to RAID)...

1. What type of RAID can I configure the two drives so they act as one single partition (so both will look like one drive with 240GB of storage).

2. My friend says it increases the drive speed up to a rate of 1.5 GB from 150 MB if I use RAID, will it make it that fast?

3. Can I configure RAID so that it puts the OS Windows XP x64 onto that single partition? (or can I configure for RAID while I already have Windows XP x64 installed onto one of the SATA drives?)

4. Is this really easy to configure RAID???

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED! :p

Coolmatt said:
So anyway, I was planning on purchasing two of these HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA NCQ ST3120827AS 120GB 7200 RPM 8M Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM

Here are my system specs...

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 2.4Ghz (Socket 754)
Asus K8V-X SE Mobo
(I won't include the rest of the specs as I believe they are irelevent to this).

So anyway I wanted to configure these two drives for RAID but now here comes in ALL the questions I have (I'm new to RAID)...

1. What type of RAID can I configure the two drives so they act as one single partition (so both will look like one drive with 240GB of storage).

2. My friend says it increases the drive speed up to a rate of 1.5 GB from 150 MB if I use RAID, will it make it that fast?

3. Can I configure RAID so that it puts the OS Windows XP x64 onto that single partition? (or can I configure for RAID while I already have Windows XP x64 installed onto one of the SATA drives?)

4. Is this really easy to configure RAID???

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED! :p
Nvm, I asked that same friend and he gave me all the info >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back