Integrated video problem

Hello, thought I'd try this in the forums. I'm an IT tech, but a little stuck on this one. My sister's computer is a Gateway and she called me a while back. She couldn't see anything on the monitor. I popped over and found the cable and monitor was good. It looked like the integrated video went bad. I ordered a video card and when it came in I installed in, turned on the computer and still no video.

When you turn on the computer, everything powers up, but that's it. I can't get into the BIOS to switch the card over. Is there anything I can do, or do you think it could be another problem? Thank you for any help.

As a rule, plugging in a graphic card when there was integrated video before, should automatically switch to the new card. But only if the BIOS is set to do that. Really got to get into the BIOS to find out. Try F2 or delete or ESC, at boot, could be any of those for BIOS access. But still try a different lead and monitor, although you are sure they are ok.

Well I looked it up online and ESC is the BIOS key for Gateway's. Next time I'm over there, I'll try it. I did try a different monitor. Thanks for the reply.

One question, If the online video is shot, would the new video card even show the bios?

I think you mean onboard video but, yes, you will get all graphic output through the new separate graphics card including the BIOS. Just don't forget to connect the monitor cable to the new card. :)

Back