Intel Duo vs Intel Pentium

Hi there, I've been wondering about this for a long time and thought I might as well just as the ppl that are going to know best.
What it is, I've been trying to get this game ANNO 1404 to work on my laptop and I just cant figure out why it wont work.
Anyways my specs are:
Operating system: XP
Processor: Intel Core2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz
Memory: 2GB Ram
Not sure on video card but know system has: Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family
And I have DirectX 9 installed
The games specs are:
Operating System: 2000/XP/Vista
Processor: 3GHz Intel Pentium 4 or similar processor
Memory: 1 GB Ram
Video Card: DirectX 9.0 compliant. 128 MB DirectX compliant, Shader 2.0 Enabled

So could anyone please take a look at this and help me figure out why the game wont run on my laptop.
Thanks

What does it do when you try to start the game (game just not start / black screen / error message)?
Your Mobile Intel 965 intergrated graphics card probably is not compatible with the game. Checking out the system requirements online and it states on multiple sites: "...Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported..." Have you tried going into the BIOS and upping the video memory to see if that helps?
What is the make and model of your laptop? It may help with figuring the problem out.

After the 1st time I tried to get it working. I used to get an error message saying the games failed to initalise DirectX. However I managed to bypass that eventually (CANT REMEMBER HOW) and then ended up with the game but it was glitching all the time, to the point I couldnt do anything then just crashs.
Also not sure on how to access the BIOS and up the video memory.
My laptop is a dell Latitude D630 PP18L.

Back