Intel processors &VGA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys

im thinking of buying a new system but im not sure which processor and graphic card to buy

CPU :

- intel core i7 - 920 (2.66 GHz) which is new in the markets
or
- intel core 2 duo extreme -QX9775 (3.20 GHz)

VGA :

im thinking about nVidia XFX GTX 280 (1GB, SLI , DDR3)

any ideas ?

dude, big price difference between the i7 and the qx. narrow down your budget.

ideally though, get the i7 920 with an x58 board plus a couple of sticks of ddr3 and the 4870/1gb with a true power of at least 550w(80+) plus two bananas and you're almost there.

besides, aren't you curious how 4 physical+4 logical procesor would feel like. 920 then.

No point of getting either IMO. Both are overpriced. Get a Q9550 and a nice P45-based board like the GA-EP45-UD3R, plus one or two 4GB OCZ Reaper kit(s). And if you can wait for some time, you can nab a brand-new GTX 295, which will be the fastest card out there when it's released. To run all that, I recommend the PC Power & Cooling Silencer S75CF or the Corsair 650TX. If you want a modular PSU, I recommend the Corsair 620HX.

Agreed. Both are overpriced. Either go with what Rage is saying, or wait a little while for the Core i7 920 and LGA 1366 motherboards to decrease in price. If you wait, that will also allow you to get the GTX295 when it comes around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back