Interesting read about downloading music

Status
Not open for further replies.

poertner_1274

An intersting story I just got done reading found here at CNN, which stated that they are trying to pass a law that will allow people to destroy someones computer if they download copyrighted material off the web. It is kinda funny listening to the senator talk about it.

I think he just wants to have the authority to destroy someone's computer so he can get off on it.

He endorsed technology that would twice warn a computer user about illegal online behavior, "then destroy their computer."

:rolleyes:

The same logic could be used in other things - 1st and 2nd speeding ticket = warning, 3rd time = your car is destroyed. Really sensible, isn't it?

Don't worry, someone somewhere will begin to realise that all of this stuff - which is just in the name of protecting the profits of evil recording companies - will come to an end. Its getting more and more ridiculous, and harder for some people to say with a straight face. Don't worry - it may take some time but I am sure that all of these issues will be sorted out.

Not possible. Even if it was, and they started doing this, they would really wish they were never born because it would cause such an uprising and riot throughout the U.S. that congress would literally have to hide in a cave somewhere.

It would be quite interesting to see they try to do that...

I can just see it now, RIAA destroys a computer in the Netherlands for downloading music...

It would have 2 consequenses (that I can think of now):

1. a huge lawsuit by the government vs RIAA for an attack on one of their contrymens property

2. hunting season among hackers/crackers for anything RIAA related..

Of course, the latter won't help things at all, but it will be quite fun to watch the "war" from the sidelines...
(As long as your country won't start implementing harder sanctions for downloading music/having certain programs on your computer...

.02$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back