Internet connection error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uber-dude

Problem: Internet connection cuts around 10 minutes

Story: (sorry if it's kinda long)
My parent's laptop has gotten problems lately, the "unable to locate kernel component" "wtKernel" message appears when opening contorl panel. the internet explorer 7, started stopping aroound 10 minutes. but you could still chat through messenger (yahoo messenger isnt disconnecting)
The laptop was repaired through hp tech support, it fixed the kernel but there was no connection at all.
The second time, they used system restore. They fixed the internet but the kernel was there. I found a way how to fix the kernel problem (check one of my posts)
We used system restore to fix the internet explorer (return it to ie6) It was done but when it tried to get internet connection it says "limited or no connection"
The laptop gets internet through our router, on my desktop pc. The hp tech support fixed it but the internet connection (when browsing) lasts around 10 minutes.

I know, its one of bizarre problems that occur in a cretain computer.

Notes:
I dont think its my router's problem because I can surf freely.
also, not the browser, i tried mozilla and didnt work.
sorry, if you guys (the experts) asks for a scan or HJT log because the account in the laptop has password, and they dont want to tell the pasword.

so what do you guys think?

wtkernel.dll is the dynamic link library file for the wild tangent game channnel spyware..if you removed that then the system is still looking for it. Try using msconfig to see if there are any mentions of wild tangent there and uncheck them.
this likely to be a malware prob. GO HERE

yeah, i know, i uninstalled the wild tangent, and it doesnt seem to be asking it for it.

and seems like it there's not much replies so I'll probably system restore it when everything was still ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back