Internet connection problem laptop to modem cable connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
I have an internet connection problem and was wondering if anyone here can help.
I cannot connect to the internet even though all the green lights on the modem are solid and steady. I have a laptop connects (ethernet cable) to the modem (which connect to the ISP). I ask my ISP support to verify my IP address and my modem mac address and they check out good. (I have an XP OS, IE, firefox, and opera web browsers, and a cable modem connection to the ISP - all three browsers cannot connect to the internet.) I can ping the yahoo and google websites and my loopback address, but cannot access these websites via my browsers. I look in the TCP/IP protocol properties and they're all set to automatically obtain the address. I also tried to manually configure the ip address, the sub mask, the dns servers, and the default gateway (first in the general tab, then in the alternate configuration tab) to the ones I found the network connections detail. I tried the ping, ipconfig, and netstat commands to try figuring out the problem but no luck.
Has anyone comes across this problem?

Any help and advices are much appreciated.
Thx in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back