Internet Explorer not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Internet Explorer opens, then quickly closes. I ran a quick scan and found the dreaded "Vundo" word, so I followed the 8 step removal instructions. Attached are the logs. Internet Explorer is still not working properly. I can open a blank page, but "connecting" remains on the screen. Getting e-mails okay, so I know all my connections are good. What else do I need to do?

More details

Windows Defender won't update: "The program can't check for definition updates." Error code 0x80070422

Security Center says Automatic Updates are off - message says that they can't be changed - then it indicates that Automatic Updates are on.

Pobokifi.dll

I was looking at msconfig under the startup tab (for another problem) and saw pobokifi.dll. I recognized this as a problem and unclicked it for startup. When I re-booted, my internet explorer works fine. I guess this is something that all the 8 steps didn't fix, but I'm still curious about other "minor" tweaks that I need for a clean system.

Personally i prefer FIrefox. Its much faster and more secure than IE. I'd recomend upgrading to that. I've always stayed away from IE. So yeah just a recomondation :)

Right Click on MyComputer icon and go to properties
Turn Off system restore CLOSE all programs you can
open IE and go to TOOLS OPTIONS delete temporary internet files and cookies
do a disk cleanup in your Start/accessories/system tools/ Menu

After the reboot
download ASQUARED
run hijackthis and malwarebytes at the same time
select any files and or keys I posted in hijackthis but on both maiwarebytes and hijackthis click fix / remove at the same time.then reboot immediatly.
if you forget to turn off system restore it will return no matter

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {b3655758-ca04-4499-bd0d-64b0d042ae0d} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\fayibiwo.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winuwagube] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\pobokifi.dll",s
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: wxvault.dll,naozmc.dll,C:\WINDOWS\system32\riloduge.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: nnnLbbAs - nnnLbbAs.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: VIPRE Antivirus + Antispyware (SBAMSvc) - Sunbelt Software - C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\VIPRE\SBAMSvc.exe

RUN Asquared / reboot and run Hijack this post log file

Better - but still not exactly right

I think I did everything you said -- not sure what is meant by "run hijack this and malwarebytes at the same time." I started hijack this, then started a scan in malwarebytes. Scans on my computer take forever, because I have a couple of folders with quite a few data files (which I've never found a virus in - odd file type). I'm not sure how to "on both malwarebytes and hijackthis click fix / remove at the same time." I only have one mouse... I'm assuming that you mean one followed immediately by the other... did I misunderstand???

Anyway, here's my new Hijack this log...

you did well Sharoni and it look clean surf carefully. If Internet Explorer is not working you may need to re-install it
WOLF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back