iPhone users not waking up on time due to DST bug

Flipcharm

TS Rookie
This was a known issue, as the author and others have noted.
European iPhone users really have no excuse for being ignorant to this problem.

customcarvin

TS Enthusiast
This was a known issue, as the author and others have noted.
European iPhone users really have no excuse for being ignorant to this problem.
Could you clarify your last statement for me? How are they ignorant? Did Apple notify iphone users somehow that there was a bug? If so, then I completely agree with you; if not, then how can you blame the consumer for not knowing?

Jetatt23

TS Rookie
Isn't DST time in America next week, the 8th?... Seems like a lot of people are using this bug as an excuse to be late on a Monday after a holiday...

vangrat

TS Rookie
We already found out about this down here in OZ. Turns out Apple didn't believe us when we said that their clocks weren't working.

posermobile89

TS Rookie
now is it the users fault that their alarms goes off late, like maybe the held the iPhone wrong while setting the alarm or something. Should they buy something to fix it ;)

Relic

TechSpot Chancellor
As someone whose been using a cellphone as an alarm in the morning for years, I'd be pretty angry if this happened to me.

@Flipcharm Like Carvin said, unless Apple made this known to ALL there customers it's bit naive to blame the consumer.

Razerblade

TS Rookie
I do not understand why the phone would put the alarm forward an hour. The alarm only needs to stay the same, its the clock that goes back! This has been a basic feature on phones for years!

Recipe7

TS Booster
I had to laugh when I read the title of this article. One of the most simplest and crucial aspects of a phone is it's capability to remind you of things. We all know the iPhone is not just a phone... and apparently it's hype leads us to believe that it is an alarm clock too, but unfortunately it wont say sorry once you are late to work. Haha.

AzHP

TS Rookie
The same thing happened to me with my clock that "automatically" changes based on DST...but it's been wrong ever since Bush's extending of DST. I hate DST with a passion, and Bush just made it more annoying.

I don't know how Apple can't fix this with an update, but it's pretty ridiculous.

slh28

TechSpot Paladin
Lots of my colleagues turned up to work at 10am lol. We should be thanking Mr Jobs for an extra hour of sleep on Monday morning!

On a side note why the hell does DST/BST exist anyway?

63Jax

TS Enthusiast
i'm pretty sure some retarded looser will sue Apple for getting late to work due to this bug. in USA everything is possible now, gay marriage, Jedi religion, etc.