Is it in sync?

prateek bagga

Am new to over-clocking and would rather not do it anytime some as my system seems to be performing well for all my applications and games ( crysis warhead, dirt 3, etc )

what I need to know is if the following is acceptable or not, in terms of core temperatures, CPU usage and everything we see on the screenshot...

Thank You:)
(system switched on for 2 hours straight, only the browser is running while I take the screen shot)

Attachments

• idle.png
    idle.png
    390.6 KB · Views: 7
To begin with, I wouldn't advice overclocking a PC unnecessarily. OCing is a last-ditch effort to keep a machine alive. If it can run Crysis at 45 FPS+, OCing for a few FPS and making the system unstable (NTM voiding warranty) is just not worth it.
Secondly, it's not very clear whether you want opinion in OCing it or are asking if the OCed temps are good. Because whether temps are good or not depends on ambient temps. It's summer where you are, so if the ambient temps are 33`C, those aren't exactly admirable.
To help with them, here are some guides.
Stress it with IntelBurnTest and let me know how high the temps go.

Regards,
Marnomancer.

Did the intelburn test, here are the results with "standard" stress level. and apologies for not being clear about what am asking.. I actually just wanted to know if the CPU and GPU temperatures were all right if I've been running the system for 2hrs straight, not looking to OC at all. I have a Cooler master Elite 335, with two 120mm fans, one for intake (front) and another outflow(rear). The real question is do I need anything more for cooling ?

I understand, as you've mentioned, that a few more FPS is not worth OC, not to mention voiding warranty. Also went through the guide and saved it, seems to be ideal.

I thank and appreciate your prompt reply with simple approach with relevant links.
Thank you Marnomancer !

Attachments

• a.png
    a.png
    254.6 KB · Views: 4
No problem. :)
BTW you didn't mention the temps. Where did they max out? I think 65C is the max safe operating temp for Athlon II X2. If it doesn't go that high, don't worry. They shouldn't be idling at 45C, but if you follow the guides correctly, I believe you may reach 42~43C, which is good for an Athlon.
For further performance boosts, here's some help. Download the guide, and follow the instructions you deem safe. Use your discretion, as the author repeatedly says.

I have an air-cooling mod guide on its way, if you're interested. Might be useful to you.

Regards,
Marnomancer

Am I reading something wrong or is your processor running at just under 799.99 mhz in the first screenshot you posted?

Yup I read it too. It's reporting to be at 700 MHz. But I suspect that's because of Cool'n'Quiet kicking in.

Yes it is Cool'n'Quiet, as it was different when I was converting files(heavy duty). Have a look.

Attachments

• b.png
    b.png
    252.1 KB · Views: 4
All your temps do look a little high to me, but then I've become a fanatic about cooling lately. 120mm fans are cheap insurance, if you have places to mount them. My Corsair Carbide 400R, for example, has places to mount 10 120mm fans (I currently have 7 X 120mm, and a 92mm and 80mm on custom brackets). All my temps except the northbridge and the video card stay in the low 30's, and nothing ever gets over 38c under high load (except NB=51c and VGA=60c). I'd say try a couple more fans at least and see what temps look like afterwards. Your case needs to be ventilated from the side better so put 2 fans there, or maybe 1 of them in the bottom of the case, whichever way blows on your video card the best (like my system, your VGA card is the hottest component).

low 30s?? wow.. that's desirable! I got a Cooler master elite 335 which has scope for one rear, one front and one side fans(120mm each). I have placed 2fans when I have done this screenshot, now am going for a side fan for the cabinet. But I do not think in any which way, it would got to 30s... but I think I should be happy with 40s..

Back