Is it possible to OC old Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiders

Is it possible,,,,,,

Heres one you probably havent heard befor,,
I got this Apple pc,,an older one not sure exactly what it is but,, will any OC'n programs work on it?? like power strip or anyother program out thare??

i got it For 5 bucks, im looking to tweak as much or any if at all possible.
Besides if i cook it im out 5 bucks and got a lesson all at once.

LOL I wanna have fun with this one!;))

How funny, OC'n an old apple. That's a new one, like you said; you're only risking $5, so go for it if you find some way to OC it.

if its got a clock generator then you can overclock it. Dont no how but it can be done...perhaps with a interesting solder job...but it can be done. Best of luck....gotta be worth it for the laugh.

Steg

what does your old apple look like? is it the one that looks like a TV for the kitchen?

muahahaha OC from 33mhz to 35mhz. then poof. lol.

if it's anything like the processor cards used in old Amigas, all you had to do was desolder a Clock Crystal and solder a new faster one in place. The hard part could well be finding an appropriate speed new one.

but lol why?

LMAO I too have wonderd why for a few days and then i said whynot? I like the "Like putting a spoiler on a 1985 Dodge Omni"

any good Schematics?,Blueprints?
The Mac i have is a PowerMac7500, 2000 Build date dont know much more than that.

The problem could be (I don't know about old Mac's innards) that the clock generator is used for more than just the CPU. For example, many old computers like C64 had one oscillator synchronizing graphics, memory and CPU, among other things. So it could, in worst case, destroy the monitor, if it would start to feed incorrectly timed signals to it.

oh that mac is not as old as the one i thought you were talking about. i thought you were talking about that mac on the show seinfield in jerry's apartment.

i did some desktop publishing with that powermac in school before. don't try to jack it up too much. ;)

Alas it seems nothing is possible with the MAC i have,,Outside of soldering a new clock generater on it,, its going in the dumpster!! LOL i had fun trieng though.

Would be decent for you to learn on - although you'll be stuck with OS 9.2

OS 9.2 can't be that bad. 8.5 (highest I have long term expierence with rather than short term comp lab) was pretty nice, I liked it just fine. 8.5 wasn't as easy as something like WinXP, but it was a lot easier than Win9x to learn how to make things work.

WEll i dont know much about MacOS's cause im a PC guy,,i jus wanted to try something new,, i didnt even find something to work with tha Mac OS,,,not even Powerstrip. LOL Don't get me wrong ,,I know Macs are awsome if your into Grafic stuff but i really dig "Expantion" ya know??

thanks all for the input,,
LOL It's dumpster food now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back