Is it Video card problem or RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymous2004

Hello. This is my very first post. When I play many games they start very slowly I mean they hang at some places and then go on and then becomes stable. After a few minnutes they start to play very nicely but whenever a new thing happens they again slow down. For example in NFS:Most wanted, it starts very slowly and then very slowly becomes stable but when i hit something it again freezes and then become steady after a few moments. So can someone tell me that is this problem with my video card or my RAM or with my CPU because i am thinking of upgrading my computer so a few tips will help. I have a Geforce FX 5200 and 256Mb RAM and 2.4 Ghz CPU. Thanks

Happens to me too, it's just that the graphics have to load from HDD or CD to the graphic card. Since I've got my SATA HDD it's a lot better but there is still some.

I don't think that upgradin to 512MB RAM helped in my case. I really think it's graphic card / HDD problems. It always help if your graphic card has more RAM as my GF4 has 128MB and once it's full it sutters.

The problem is your video card. Even though its DX9 capable it doesnt have the processing power the handle newer games. And alot of the 5200 have 64bit memory which cripples the card. If you need a budget card a 9600XT or Pro would work great, a 6600GT or 9800 Pro better.

if you are goin to upgrade then start with the RAM and video card. vegasmc recommended two cards that would match your specs and you are going to have to at least double your RAM to 512MB with 1GB being preferable. 256MB just is not enough to game with. Infact it is barely enough to run windows and all the background junk.

Thanks everybody for the help. I thought that it might take some time to get replies but now I think this is an active forum. I will be upgrading soon. Thanks again.

I had the same problem and it is most defenitly the GPU. I recently upgraded to a 6200 (which really isn't even a medium end graphics card) and it's a world of difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back