Is my system now clean - can you help decipher my logs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vistaboy2

Hi there,
I'm hoping I've finally managed to remove a virus from my system which prevented anti virus apps from running. I've followed all of the steps in the procedure and was wondering if someone can help decipher my logs to tell me whether my system is still infected.

I can now run most virus programs but my wireless service is still not active and will not allow my wifi to access.

Is there anything still lurking on my system because I'm worried about using things like internet banking until I'm sure I'm not at risk.

Could you let me know if my system is now clean?

Managed to repair my wireless. Wireless connections were not available and Vista was unable to repair. I followed the instructions outlined here and now my Wifi is working again so would just like somebody to look at my logs and tell me whether there is anything out of the ordinary.

To reactivate wireless connection when no wireless networks are found and system is unable to repair connection on Vista:

The solution:

1. regedit
2. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE]\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ndisuio
3. Change Start to "0x000000002 (2)"
4. Restart

I'm less optimistic that my system is clean now after the number of failed security certificates I've received when trying to visit any secure sites. Could someone please have a look at my logs and advise me what I need to do to remove the remnants of this virus.
Any help is much appreciated.

(Moderator edit: Posts merged. Please use the edit button, rather than replying to your previous post where there are no other replies in between. If bumping the thread, please wait at least 24 hours for a reply.)

All your logs look clean to me. Your comboFix log shows it removed some nasties on the scan; I would request to see a fresh combofix log to be safe. What other issues are you facing?

Regards,
momok

Thanks for looking through my logs Momok,

I've attached a fresh combofix. I think my Kaspersky was identifying the quarantined virus in the Qoobox folder from Combofix. I've removed the folder now and all seems well. I'm still unable to properly remove the remnants of my damaged AVG Free install so for the time being am stuck with Kaspersky until I can work out how to remove a stubborn avg.exe file but I've ran AVG on my D: partition and nothing was found.

I've now re-installed Kaspersky and the certificate error has gone away. I think it was due to an over active webscanner. System seems to be running normally now. Maybe my scan will tell different and I'm a little concerned that whilst I was installing a windows update there was a system32 file trying to make unauthorised changes to my registry so I used system restore. I'm going away for a few days but if you could look at my log whilst I'm away that would be great.
Thanks.

Hi,

What is the name of the system 32 file, and the filepath of the AVG file?

Regards,
momok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back