Is this a good computer for my games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomja

Hello again all of you techspot members :)

This time i want some help when it comes to a new PC that i want to buy because its pretty cheap...

I think the specs are good but i dont know if it is any good for the games that i wanna play... some of them are

Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bournout Paradise
GTA IV
Team Fortress 2
CoD MW 2

and some other cool graphic games (crysis doesnt really matter as im not that much of a big fan of it)

So here are the specs of the computer:

Processor: AMD Phenom X4 820 2.8GHz
Memory: 8GB DDR3
HDD: 1000GB S-ATA (5400rpm)
Grafic: ATI Radeon HD4650 1GB
Other: DVD-burner with support for Dual-layer, HDMI, VGA, DVI, LAN, 7.1 sound

(i also get a mouse and a keyboard ;))

so im saving pretty much on this is its cheaper than usually

im buying it for 940,29 USD (is what i managed to check using a website otherwise its 6999 swedish SEK)

And and i have a gift card for 134,35

so its 940,29 USD AFTER the card has been used

So please tell me what you think of its thanks in advance :)

Om du vill spara in pengar skaffa 4 eller 6gb ram istället för 8gb.
byt ut grafik kortet mot HD4870 eller om ekonomin tillåter HD5xxx serien
Angående processorn så tycker jag att AMD Phenom X4 9950 funkar bättre!

The reply was in swedish, if Im not allowed to talk languages other than english please delete this post.

Om du vill spara in pengar skaffa 4 eller 6gb ram istället för 8gb.
byt ut grafik kortet mot HD4870 eller om ekonomin tillåter HD5xxx serien
Angående processorn så tycker jag att AMD Phenom X4 9950 funkar bättre!

The reply was in swedish, if Im not allowed to talk languages other than english please delete this post.
This is an English only forum, sorry. Beyond that, Swedish really isn't a widely spoken language, which compounds the problem. I get told about it, "cuando Yo escribo en Espanol".

HDD: 1000GB S-ATA (5400rpm)
I'm pretty sure that this really isn't the best choice for the system drive on a gaming computer, too slow. These 5400 RPM "green" drives are more for bulk storage. You'd be better of with one of the WD "Caviar Black" offerings, if not a solid state drive. (SSD is way over budget though, since you'd need to buy a storage drive too).

What type of power supply is in that PC?

I would go for less RAM for a faster CPU and faster video card. You can certainly upgrade in the future but at the very least I would go for a faster GPU.

Well pretty much what i said was : If you want to save money get get 4 or 6gb ram instead of 8.Change the graphics card to HD4870 or if you can afford it, HD5xxx Series.About the CPU the AMD Phenom 9950 is better in my opinion!

From my understanding this is a pre-built machine you are looking at for about $1000 USD? While I do not know the local prices in Sweden I personally would not recommend that as it seems pricey. I unfortunately do not know your local market and hope there are better priced items.

As already pointed by others that PC isn't up to par for gaming imo. The biggest issue being the GPU, while the 4650 is a nice little card its not really meant for gaming with the latest titles like BFBC2. You're better off getting something a little higher along the lines of 4770/4850 or even something from this generation like 5750/5770. While those cards are still mid-range they will deliver much better results depending on the resolution you use. And opting for a faster HDD & CPU with less RAM like 4 GB would be a better direction for gaming on a budget.

ok so thank you for all of your posts and i will try to answer all of them

cschrille: Saken är den att jag köper din ifrån siba så att jag har liksom inte möjligheten att byta ut några delar utan jag kan bara köpa en hel data men hur mkt kostar ett grafikkort i 5xxx serien?
(this reply in english: The thing is that im buying this computer from a store called siba and i dont have the possibility of changing i can just buy it as it is and how much does a graphic card in the 5xxx series cost?)

captaincrack: Well ok but its slow so what does this affect any games? then how? and how much does a new HDD drive costs? (i want one thats better than the one i already have :p)

JMMD: i have no idea what the power supply is but i dont know i i agree with you because its a quad core Ghz CPU with 8 gb ram... do i need anymore altho i can understand that i dont need that much RAM

Relic: Well i actually ahve searched many different stores and tbh i cant find any store that has a cheaper computer than this and i have looked the graphic card up on youtube when it plays BFBC 2 and i seem to work very well

Allt mellan 1600 kr till 10000kr om du ska ha riktigt bra graffe kort
Anything between 1600 sek and 10000sek if you want a really good one

CSchrille ok thanks

So i were browsing another site and found this computer which kinda follows the thing you said less ram and more RPM on the HDD

Heres the spec

HP Pavilion p6305sc - Athlon II X4 630
Type PC
Formfaktor Tower
Dimensions (BxDxH) 17.5 cm x 41.4 cm x 38.7 cm
Weight 9.6 kg
Processor 1 x AMD Athlon II X4 630 ( med 4 kärnor )
RAM 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM
Control Card Serial ATA ( Serial ATA-300 )
HDD 1 x 640 GB - standard - Serial ATA-300 7200RPM
DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM with LightScribe Technology
Card reader 15 i 1
Grafikstyrenhet PCI Express x16 - ATI Radeon HD 5450 1GB
Sound Sound card - 5.1-kanals surround
Network Ethernet, Fast Ethernet
OS Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Ok so this was in swedish and i tryed to translate it into english and just tell me if theres something u didnt understand and ill fix it

ok so now i browsed some more and i was thinking that i could buy the first computer i recommended and then add 1 grafic card and one HDD and as i were browsing for both i found this grapchic card (IN SWEDISH IM TO LAZY TO TRANSLATE IT ALL BUT YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THE SPECS)

Code:
Produktbeskrivning	XFX Radeon HD 5770 - grafikadapter - Radeon HD 5770 - 1 GB
Typ av enhet	Grafikadapter
Modell	Instickskort
Typ av gränssnitt	PCI Express 2.0 x16
Dimensioner (BxDxH)	3.8 cm x 21.6 cm x 11 cm
Grafikprocessor/tillverkare	ATI Radeon HD 5770
Klockhastighet	850 MHz
API-stöd	DirectX 11, OpenCL, OpenGL 3.2, DirectCompute 5.0
Installerat videominne (max)	1 GB - GDDR5 SDRAM
Videoutgång	2560 x 1600
Maximal upplösning	DVI: 2560 x 1600 / VGA: 2048 x 1536
Max antal bildskärmar som stöds	2
TV-gränssnitt	HDTV-utgång

put in code so it would take that much space.... and i found this HDD

Code:
Produktbeskrivning	WD Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS - hårddisk - 500 GB - SATA-300
Typ	Hårddisk - inbyggd
Formfaktor	3.5" x 1/3H
Dimensioner (BxDxH)	10.2 cm x 14.7 cm x 2.54 cm
Vikt	0.63 kg
Kapacitet	500 GB
Typ av gränssnitt	Serial ATA-300
Dataöverföringshastighet	300 MBps
Genomsnittlig söktid	8.9 ms
Spindelhastighet	7200 rpm
Buffertstorlek	16 MB

im just wondering will this HDD work with windows 7? thanks

The 5770 is a good card. The WD blue drive isn't bad but it's certainly not the fastest hard drive. The "blue" series drives perform better than "green" but not quite as good as the "black" series.

It will work with Windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back