Is this a good CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvdy

I am on a limited budget and i know this is fast enough to run all the games i want to play but what i want to double check is: is it copatible with my Mobo?
CPU: here.

Mobo: here.

Cheers in advance!
Allan

PS Rest of Specs in signature.
Cheers

Yes, that CPU will work in that motherboard.

I'd only advise considering a different fan/heatsink as those stock 775 Intel fans are pretty crummy and that's a Prescott/800mhz core CPU (i.e. usually run a bit on the hot side).

If you can't afford a good cpu cooler, then at the very minimum pick up a cheapy tube of Arctic Silver 5 to replace the thermal pad and make sure your case has good ventilation.

Thanks for the quick reply! I will go ahead and buy it then. Coz i know Oblivion and AOE3 will work!! Thanks!

I wouldn't trust that brand. Never heard of them before, and while I'm sure the cooler is fine, the retaining clip could be low quality, causing the cooler to fall off and break any expansion cards you may have.

Thanks for the reply! What are good brands of coolers to look at? woohoo i just noticed that i am now a TechSpot Member!!
Cheers
Allan

Wow...it seems now that every manufacturer is making a CPU cooler using that design. If I remember correctly, the Zalman CNPS9500 was the original cooler that used a fan positioned vertically in reference to the motherboard.

Some other coolers that are (almost) exactly the same design would be:

Zalman CNPS9500
Cooler Master Hyper TX
Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro
Thermaltake Beetle
Scythe SCINF-1000 Infinity

Thanks for the replies guys i will look for ones with these brands! BTW Grafficks i noticed that you have the ASUS P5LD2 Mobo. I have the P5LD2 SE. Do you like this motherboard?
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back