Is this laptop good enough

oldikes

Im hip to desktop specs and I can pretty much tell if they are good enough for me, but im not hip to the laptop mobile chipsets etc.

Anyway, My budget is probably at max 350. In a month probably 400. (im in high school and its very high job competetion around here...)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=576152&CatId=4938
thats the laptop im looking at. I can actually fit most of what im doing on a list, so here it is.

Microsoft office
2-3 tab internet browsing, max at a time.
Music listening (itunes, spotify)
3ds max (prob no more than 20k polys at a time)
unity 3d (low poly)
Older games (halo, maybe halo 2, COD4 on LOWWWW settings)
Stuff like that. And I might listen to music at the same time as doing other things.

Also, my current desktop has a ATI HD3450 graphics card. Will the mobile graphics of the 6250 be about the same/slightly better? cause thats about all I need.

My only real concern is the processor. But please let me know. thanks.

Looks like it received good reviews. If that's all you can afford, then go for it. You may not be able to play some of the older games on Windows 7 but you can try the compatibility mode if they don't.

spec shown was
ASUS A53U-XT2 Laptop Computer - AMD Fusion E-350 1.60GHz, 4GB DDR3, 320GB HDD, DVDRW, 15.6" Display, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Brown, 1-Year Warranty / 1-Year Accidental Damage​

IMO: CPU too slow and insufficient memory for Win/7

4GB is plenty of RAM for W7. Half that is perfectly acceptable and I've run W7 with 2GB perfectly fine in the past, even with 64bit.

I do agree the CPU is a little on the slow side though.

4 GB is fine for me, Plus I can always upgrade it. But yea, the CPU was my main concern.
It appears that the Windows experience index for gaming is 5.5. on my HD 3450, it was 4.1. So I am assuming its better.
But can anyone find anything around the same price that is similar with a better processor?

Back