issue's surfing the NET and DNS hijack

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevearno

hello techspot!!!

I have a number of issues... which seem to not want to go away...

taking some nice advise provided in your sticky's and downloading the software highlighted in these threads....

I have a issue , with entering some web sites.... it's fine with sites that don't use alot of advertising infact seemless..

firefox highlights ad.uk.doubleclick.co.uk.. when trying to upload a page...as well as various other sites

maybe not related,or connected to the above issue, but after running reports in the following software

i have run many bits of software... to include 'smitfruadfix' as posted below

SmitFraudFix v2.204

Scan done at 20:30:33.84, 22/07/2007
Run from C:\Documents and Settings#############\SmitfraudFix
OS: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT
The filesystem type is NTFS
Fix run in normal mode

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» DNS Before Fix

Your computer may be victim of a DNS Hijack: 85.255.x.x detected !

Description: WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface
DNS Server Search Order: 85.255.114.109
DNS Server Search Order: 85.255.112.153

HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{2B837ED5-6946-4EE0-961F-A5707C027AC9}: NameServer=85.255.114.109 85.255.112.153
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{2B837ED5-6946-4EE0-961F-A5707C027AC9}: NameServer=85.255.114.109 85.255.112.153
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{2B837ED5-6946-4EE0-961F-A5707C027AC9}: NameServer=85.255.114.109 85.255.112.153

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» DNS After Fix

now this will not go way......it is on every report i run and i think it has something to do with software agreements

it is highlighted on my hijackthis report and even when fixed, it will reappear...
it also appears on my spy doctor ( PC tools) report....
even with deletion or fix with these three products , it comes back....

spy doctor.. tells me it is a trojan downloader and trojan (something)

sometimes when fixed, i am unable to get back on the internet, that has any advertising on it.....which is nearly all......

also i am unable to restore my PC to a early date, for some reason??? i don't know if this is connected...

I know this may sound 'miss mashed'.... but any comments , which help , would be appreciated

thanking you in advance

stevearno

Hi

Very Important: Malware infections can possibly lead to identity theft, loss of funds from bank accounts, misuse of credit card information etc. Therefore I strongly encourage you to please read this thread HERE before deciding what course of action to take regarding your infection.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given. Do follow all the instructions exactly. They will provide logs for analysis of your system so I will know how to instruct you to proceed.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste your logs if not it will be ignored and/or removed.

Also, please let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of stevearno only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back