It is all about WoW.. World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

catherine

IT IS ALL ABT WoW.. WORLD OF WARCRAFT

To all those ppl who are part of TS..

i need help

all my friends are asking me to join World of Warcraft

I want to know whether it would run my PC..

Processor is Intel Pentium 1.5 Ghz
256 MB Ram
32 Mb built in Video Card
Mother Board is ASUS INtel CHIPSET x845 PGEMX
OS is Windows 2000
Hard Disk 40Gb
Direct x 9 Is Installed
I DONT have a 3D accelerator card even though i got a AGP port

will WoW run on my System?? at least on a low detailed Game video setting??

Please help me.. Please

Most of your specs are fine, but the card required needs to be 32mb with hardware T&L (GeForce 2 or above or equivelant) Make sure yours does this. And you'll need direct 9.0c which is included, as usual.

I was worried that since my FX 5900 has broke that my GF2 PRO wouldn't suffice, but it does...

Shame that i can't get it to work with my uni connection :(

But your setup should probably work fine.

System Requirements:
Windows 98, Me, 2000, XP
Pentium III or AMD Athlon
800 MHz
256 MB RAM
4 GB hard drive space
32 MB 3D graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting
Sound card
CD-ROM 4x
DirectX 9.0 (included)

You should be ok. But it want work the best. :bounce: Do you have p/4 :cool:

yeah i have the P4

well how do u know the ASUS PGEMX motherboard buitin memory video card (intel,32MB) would have the T&L effect(just like the geforce2??)

any suggestions??

If you know the exact model of your mother board, look it up on the Asus website it should have the details for the onboard graphics there.
But since it's a P4 system it's quite likely to have T&L as it is standard with most boards these days.

Hopefully you'll be able to sort it and I to sort my connection problems.
It's supposed to be a really good game!

I have a friend that has a system with the minimum memory and a GF2 32mb card. When she enters the big cities of WoW, Ironforge and Stormwind she gets severe graphic errors and can see anything properly. I have to run her though the area with her set to follow my character. Due to the fact that most onboard graphics operate on shared memory with the system I think that this might run quite poorly on your PC. My laptop with a GF4Go 32mb card, 512mb ram and a 1.7Ghz P4 suffers some graphic glitches in buildings on occasion as well.. I guess since you seem to meet the minimum specs the only way to find out is to try. Can one of your friends install it on your PC and try playing with their account on it to see if it will work? Or are they remote online friends where this would not be possible?

Hope you manage to get in on the WoW action ;)

I couldn't see a PEGMX motherboard on the Asus website.
Is it the P4GE-MX motherboard?
The information from intel on the 845GE chipset doesn't specify Hardware T&L by name. I'll keep looking for more info on this...

tryng on diff comp is not possible

i am sorry my friends who are in USA plays wow.. i dont know anyone who plays it in my country...

i am thinking of adding 256 ram of 266Mhz.. lemme see that would solve the problem..

What do you mean the problem?
Unfortunately you will not know if their is one until you try WoW on your PC.
If you find that the onboard graphics cannot run the game the AGP 4x slot on your motherboard should allow you to add any current graphics card. Even the most basic one with maybe 64mb of video memory would mean that your system would surpass the minimum requirements. I think that would be a better investment that more memory. You could always try emailing Asus or intel to find out if the onboard graphics supports hardware transform and lighting. I don't think it wouldn't but best to check.

I would probably just say to go ahead and get the game. If it doesn't work then a cheap upgrade would give you the ability to play it. It wasn't that long ago that all graphics/video information stated Hardware T&L if it featured it but intel don't seem to state that.

As I've said my approach would be to give it a try..
Sorry that I've not been able to be anymore help ;)

Found some information that should confirm that you should be ok to play WoW with yout current PC configuration...

From WoW Tech Support Forum:
Supported Video hardware
ATI
-Card models:
Radeon 7000 (QW / QE / QY) series
Radeon 8000/9000/X000 Series
-Tested drivers:
Windows 2000/XP - Catalyst 4.9
Windows 98/ME - Catalyst 4.7

nVidia
-Card models:
nForce Integrated Graphics
GeForce 2 (GTS / Ultra / Ti / Pro / MX) Series
GeForce 3 (Ti) Series
GeForce 4 MX Series
GeForce 4 Ti Series
GeForce FX Series
GeForce PCX Series
GeForce 6 Series
-Tested drivers:
Windows 2000/XP - ForceWare 61.77
Windows 98/ME - ForceWare 61.76

Intel
-Card models:
Extreme Graphics 2 (82845 / 82855 / 82845) Series

-Tested drivers:
Windows 2000/XP - 14.7
Windows 98/ME - 13.6.1

*Graphic cards with limited Pixelshader support
Intel
-Card models:
Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA 900 / 82915) Series
-Tested drivers:
Windows 2000/XP - 14.7
Windows 98/ME - 13.6.1

Matrox
-Card models:
Matrox Parhelia (P750 / P650) Series
-Tested drivers:
Windows 2000 / XP - 1.07.01.060

SiS
-Card models:
Xabre series
-Tested drivers:
version 3.1

So looks like your onboard video works for WoW as your motherboard has the 82845 graphics chipset

Congratulations :)

i forgot to mention .. i started playing WoW

i started to play WoW .. a elven druid and a drawish priest.. well i dont find the game play that bad.. the problem arises when i move from one map to the other.. say from daranuss to darkshore.. when i reach darkshore the game lags a lot.. what i feel is the Ram isnt able to handle all those new data.. so the game goes chop-chop..

my latency is usually btw 650-800.. hehe.. i am onto the aus server..

i am now on the guest pass. my friends in US gonna get the retail version.. as i already have the game install on my pc is it necessary that they would have to send the retail version and install all over??

all i need to suggest is to get 512mb more ram, i have warIII tft and it played like crap with 256 so i got an addiditional 512 and now is running rly good, it will cost u around 100 tho

catherine said:
i started to play WoW .. a elven druid and a drawish priest.. well i dont find the game play that bad.. the problem arises when i move from one map to the other.. say from daranuss to darkshore.. when i reach darkshore the game lags a lot.. what i feel is the Ram isnt able to handle all those new data.. so the game goes chop-chop..

Once druids get shapeshift they are great fun (not that I've made one yet).
The game play is best when your grouped and have a guild with lots of nice people. I get a lot of enjoyment out of the community aspect of the game. Helping each other, players with different skills assisting each other. Apparently the guild structure is going to get an update as well which will provide even more options. I've just gone back and completed a level 20 rogue quest to gain access to my poison abilities (level 28 now) and its added another level of interest in what my rogue can do. One of my real life friends started a paladin and was starting to get bored with him at level 12. I found this too, but once you get on another 4 or 5 levels a lot more skills start opening up.

A ram boost should help with the issues your seeing. Sorry that the info from blizzard themselves about their minimum requirements means choppy game play... hope you get this fixed with a fairly cheap upgrade of another 256mb of ram. Just be aware that if your machine is a brandind machine (Dell, Gateway etc.) then the 256mb of ram already in it might be 2x128mb sticks of ram. In this case you will have to check that you can add one stick of 256mb ram with another 2 different sized sticks. Your user manual for the computers motherboard (or the asus website) should tell you what configurations of ram are ok.

Intel's input

I copied this from Intel's website. Hope it helps in your search for an answer.
Available: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-011910.htm

Support for Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L)

Intel® graphics products do not have hardware support for T&L. In most games, transform and lighting calculations can be performed on the processor with acceptable performance. A small number of games that specifically check for hardware T&L support may fail to run.

This applies to:
Intel® 82810 Graphics Controller
Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller
Intel® 82830M Graphics Controller
Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller
Intel® 82852/82855 Graphics Controller Family
Intel® 82865G Graphics Controller
Intel® 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset Family
Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back