iTunes' Movies Lagging

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoeM076

Everytime I play an iTunes movie, it doesn't play fluently. It begins to lag, visually. The sound runs through, but the picture has to catch up. If anyone has a solution to my problem, that would be great! :)

are you up-to-date with MS? DirectX and other software updates may be necessary.

Ok, I'll check!

Edit:

-Well I have Windows Vista and I am not sure if I am supposed to download the most recent DX 9, or just not update at all. When I go run DXDIAG, it says I have DX 10 under DirectX Version. Also, when I run DXDIAG, it says there is a problem accessing DirectShow (I have no clue what this is). If I choose the option to bypass it, it runs fine, but I can't run the tests under the Display tab. If I choose the option not to bypass it, DXDIAG stops working and Windows closes it. I have no clue if this is related, but it is one of the many problems I am having with Vista. My games run fine, except for CS:S, which blacks out, and BF2142, which kicks me out the the server from Punkbuster. If you need to check my specs, just visit my profile. :)

-Hmm..

Quicktime Media Player uses the DirectShow, so I think it is related

I have version 7.2 and it is still lagging where I am unable to watch a movie without going crazy.

I have even disabled DX in Quicktime, which was suggested by iTunes Support, but that didn't work.

Had the same problem. Not playing the frames in the right order. keep jumping a little back and forth in the movie which gives some really vobbley lag that gives you a massive headache :p
I managed to fix it in quicktime somehow but I am not sure how. I updated quicktime and display drivers and also downloaded ffdshow codec pack.
For iTunes however I was unable to fix it until reading this thread. I fixed it in prefs > playback tab > and enabling Play videos using standard defenition version.

Hope this might help. Sorry for the quick typo typing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back