Japanese people are quiet people.

erwin1978

I was just watching the Tom Green show on MTV and as always it's a knee slapper even though it's a rerun. This time they took to the streets of Japan with Tom's usual crazy antics. What was interesting was how the Japanese people completely ignored him like he wasn't there or were scared of him. I was cracking up. In one clip Tom took the subway and it was jam-packed. He was making a lot of noise with the microphone and trying to get everyone's attention and yet they all had their backs turned away from him silently with their heads down. I was just amazed at how quiet the Japanese people were. I live in New York City and it's one noisy city and I just found it odd that even in public, Japanese people were quiet. Tom even layed down on the stairs leading to the subway and everyone just went around him or over him without anyone saying a single word. You could've sworn it was the library. Then he went to the mall with a life-size Santa Claus that dances and sings if you touch its crotch area. You know where I'm going with this. As before everyone just ignored him.

I think I may have hit a new revelation as to why Japanese people are so quiet over here.

Wasnt that the funniest show youve seen? It was for me..I loved the part when he was at the "hotel" and he was dressed like a fork. Its amazing that in Japan you sleep in those capsules at night in the hotels. Thats your hotel room..Very weird looking.

Your right about the Japanese being quiet. They didnt like his antics to much but they didnt have alot to say against him..

If I may interject a funny I heard at work today about the word "quiet". I live in the state of Georgia, which is not really known for producing the best of high school grads. (no offense but check the test scores, GA is like in the bottom 5). Anyway, a friend of mine went to get a new drivers license and they had a sign that was suppose to read "Quiet please-Testing in progress" but the sign really read "Quite please-test in progress".....so you want me to quite ?? Or be quiet ?? We all had a good laugh over it... ;)

i've never seen the show, but i imagine that, from you described, it would be similar in thailand too. maybe look at him when passing by, but not more. not many people speak english around here anyway.
candid camera programs aren't too popular around here either. one program nearly got sued for its pranks.

I think thats part of that culture....

I rember we had some Japanise exchange students over a while ago... One of them left a camera on a park bench and was really shocked when she went back to find it stolen.

these are just two different cultures...

i don't quite get what the word "disciple" mean...

Dictionary.com:
dis·ci·ple Pronunciation Key (d-spl)
n.

One who embraces and assists in spreading the teachings of another.
An active adherent, as of a movement or philosophy.
often Disciple One of the original followers of Jesus.
Disciple A member of the Disciples of Christ.

anyone enlighten me?

I think he meant disciplined, ie: refering to Zen, Confucianism, & Bushido, the moral codes that developed in Japan.

I've had business dealing w/ one Japanese concern, Arvin Sango & find them to be a very honorable & industrious people. Compared to the U.S., they have our equivalent of a college education by the time they complete "high" school. I've learned to speak to them directly in correct proper english (w/o slang) & base the sales presentation on logic & facts. Because they are so intelligent & educated, they don't care for the sales b.s. but will have business dealing w/ you, if you are trustworthy, honorable, & can demonstrate the same traits they possess & cherish. They also like entertainment, culture, & fine food. It is also important you have a good home life, as this is well respected by them.

The japanese i know aren't quiet. They scream at me then try to hit me very hard on the head with a big stick... :blackeye: :( .......aaahh....gotta love kendo! :grinthumb

Back